Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Or maybe she sees a quicker path to play at TN instead of SC
All sorts of reasons. RJ could have gone anywhere and played immediately, including UConn and SC. But she wanted to play for Kellie with this group of teammates. Cooper may have made that same calculation. Not all kids fit with all programs.
SC fans seem to have hurt feelings about the whole thing and can only seem to attribute it to cowardice on Coopers part. Seems to me if she was worried about SC players she would have transferred to a different conference.
Kellie just seems to really be able to connect with kids who maybe feel they made a mistake in committing to a program out of hs or are perhaps just looking for a fresh start. Older and wiser perhaps!

Really didn't make much difference whether Vandy won or lost in the poll that really counts the Net. It was going to be a Q2 game either way when they play us. Seems she must have promised Pissott a starting position to come there. She was fairly terrible today as three players coming off the bench played a lot better.

All sorts of reasons. RJ could have gone anywhere and played immediately, including UConn and SC. But she wanted to play for Kellie with this group of teammates. Cooper may have made that same calculation. Not all kids fit with all programs.
SC fans seem to have hurt feelings about the whole thing and can only seem to attribute it to cowardice on Coopers part. Seems to me if she was worried about SC players she would have transferred to a different conference.
Kellie just seems to really be able to connect with kids who maybe feel they made a mistake in committing to a program out of hs or are perhaps just looking for a fresh start. Older and wiser perhaps!
She wanted to come to Tennessee from the beginning. The pressure of living close to Columbia and playing in that state pressure got to her. She was ready to commit to Tennessee but lived in SC.

She wanted to come to Tennessee from the beginning. The pressure of living close to Columbia and playing in that state pressure got to her. She was ready to commit to Tennessee but lived in SC.
I wondered if we were one of her finalists. Well she finally got here and I hope her career as a Lady Vol is everything she dreamed of!

Really didn't make much difference whether Vandy won or lost in the poll that really counts the Net. It was going to be a Q2 game either way when they play us. Seems she must have promised Pissott a starting position to come there. She was fairly terrible today as three players coming off the bench played a lot better.
yeah but the kellies bad ranked win record would be helped

I wondered if we were one of her finalists. Well she finally got here and I hope her career as a Lady Vol is everything she dreamed of!
It was Tennessee or SC and Tennessee had the edge after her visit then she went home. You can imagine what that was like if it got out she was choosing Tennessee. She is here now and will stay if Kellie keeps the job. Have no idea what it will look like if for any reason Kellie is not here next season.

yeah but the kellies bad ranked win record would be helped
Not that matters at all. The Net is what matters and you need to win games and move up. They were number 46 were not going to get in the top 30 no matter if they won out to Tennessee no matter what the writers and coaches polls said. They are not going to drop to 75 by that game so it is Q2 either way and that is what we'll get if we win or if we lose.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It was Tennessee or SC and Tennessee had the edge after her visit then she went home. You can imagine what that was like if it got out she was choosing Tennessee. She is here now and will stay if Kellie keeps the job. Have no idea what it will look like if for any reason Kellie is not here next season.
Not to worry, Kellie will be here for a long time!

• Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353
Forget the polls here is all you need to know. This will decide if you make the tourney or stay home. Each win is determined by this system.

Not that matters at all. The Net is what matters and you need to win games and move up. They were number 46 were not going to get in the top 30 no matter if they won out to Tennessee no matter what the writers and coaches polls said. They are not going to drop to 75 by that game so it is Q2 either way and that is what we'll get if we win or if we lose.
Haha ik I just wanna make the pollsters here mad. Like this one

Majors

Well-Known Member​

7 minutes ago
New #77
Nationally televised away game. I’ll go with the established percentages under this scenario and say we lose a close one.

VN Store

Back