Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

UNC still in the top 25? that is crazy

Yeah it’s baffling at this point. They don’t pass the eye test, plus all their losses. Just don’t get it, the voters LOVE Banghart.

And Iowa State? Since when does one quality win propel you into the top 25? They have several losses to so so teams. They did knock off Baylor but Baylor was severely over rated based on the beginning of big 12 play. Baylor only played one quality non-conference team (Utah). They now have two very bad losses in a row to Kansas and Iowa State. Probably would have lost to Texas and TCU but both had just lost their stars when they played Baylor (Harmon for Texas and Prince for TCU.)

Last edited:
The whole conversation about transfers is a bit moot. Every school has transfers out and transfers in. It does not reflect good or bad upon the individual schools, coaches or programs. To say that UT is better in any manner than USC because of Cooper would be a tacit admission that Vandy is better than UT because of Pissott.. Golly would I like to have Saylor Poffenberger back with her 12.5 rebounds. But she felt better about being in Arkansas. God bless her. Go and have a great career. The personal choices of an 18 year old person do not reflect upon the quality of either institution.
I agree 100% that kids leave for many reasons. Some are very obvious. This is not always about the program but sometimes a personal choice about playing time. I would want to play and if I couldn't see that happening, I would move on. These kids get 4 years of playing time and they all want to hit the court. I get that and support those decisions, but some do not. There is also fitting into a roster. You have so many personalities that need to mesh. That is a hard thing to do.

It was a 4-pt. lead just a moment ago, then quickly stretched to 16.

Fulwily just made an incredibly dumb pass to nobody within 20 feet from either team.

Ahh man, you gotta admit that it’s fun watching SC tonight, dunks threes behind the backs…..shut down defense
Not the tiniest bit. I’m not big on watching lovingly while the rich get richer.

Also I’m picturing us being on the humiliation end of that fun TWICE coming up.

Zero enjoyment. Watching football and Iowa caucuses

Reactions: maple

VN Store

Back