Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I got VolNation saying WC is up Next and that got these NVs going out sad👆..

When I posted them numbers from “Fear Da Spear” it hurt your feelings, “I Know”.

Lets GBO🍊

I got VolNation saying WC is up Next and that got these NVs going out sad👆..

When I posted them numbers from “Fear Da Spear” it hurt your feelings, “I Know”.

Lets GBO🍊
CJ believe got the distinction of initials. An elder of the board can correct me…again, you don’t bring anything as a first. NegaVol again, well before your time.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Unbelievable performance from Juju.

She’ll be FOY no doubt now. 51 and 11? Give it to her.
She scores 51 and rest of the team scores 16. That looks great for her, but can the team score when a team has someone that can defend her or at least contain her to her average. Stanford is mostly slow perimeter players and the team runs on great post players. The perimeter players are also excellent shooters on offense not that great on defense.

The net and how teams are selected needs a lot more explanation than fans are getting or can understand. How could Vandy be ahead of Tennessee in the NCAA selections in Cremes last bracket. Lower Net ranking, lower rpi, sos 58, and they haven's beat anyone by any large amount of points. Yet he ranks then as top of the last final byes and us at the top of the final four in. They beat UT Martin by 2, Fairfield by 3 and this is how it goes down their schedule in almost every game. They even lost a game to us yet with all of this rank higher in brackets in the NCAA tourney.

The net and how teams are selected needs a lot more explanation than fans are getting or can understand. How could Vandy be ahead of Tennessee in the NCAA selections in Cremes last bracket. Lower Net ranking, lower rpi, sos 58, and they haven's beat anyone by any large amount of points. Yet he ranks then as top of the last final byes and us at the top of the final four in. They beat UT Martin by 2, Fairfield by 3 and this is how it goes down their schedule in almost every game. They even lost a game to us yet with all of this rank higher in brackets in the NCAA tourney.
It’s for clicks. TN has a fan base )and many very not smart ones). (See the 100+ fire Kellie threads) It ridiculous when u actually compare our resume with some of the better ones.

think Watkins needs help from teammates tonight, she is not most efficient scorer in WBB in spite of her greatness.
She just as efficient as CC with less turnovers and assists.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
She scores 51 and rest of the team scores 16. That looks great for her, but can the team score when a team has someone that can defend her or at least contain her to her average. Stanford is mostly slow perimeter players and the team runs on great post players. The perimeter players are also excellent shooters on offense not that great on defense.
Sounds like a stanford problem , not a USC / JuJu problem . She took advantage of the advantage and cooked them for 51 while the opposition only scored 58 that's #respect.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
Sounds like a stanford problem , not a USC / JuJu problem . She took advantage of the advantage and cooked them for 51 while the opposition only scored 58 that's #respect.
A Stanford problem for sure, but could turn into a USC problem if someone can guard her and the others can't score enough.

Agreed, it doesn't make any sense. They also lost at home to Missouri (NET #69), far worse than our worst loss (#50 MTSU on a neutral court, also without our best player who is back now). According to another post on here, supposedly the committee doesn't look at the quadrant wins/losses, but Vandy has two Q2 losses and we have 0. We have 3 Q1 wins and they have 2. Our best win is identical (at #30 Mississippi State).

I'm less anti-Creme than I think a lot of folks here are, but this one is baffling.

Tennessee staff and players are seeing right now that Jewel Spear is the real deal and arguably the best player on the team which is huge with 1 of 1 projected WNBA lottery Rickea Jackson on the squad.

Both Rickea and Jewel career high is 40 point games!

Tennessee beats any team. I mean any team with this duo.

Lets GBO🍊.

Reactions: Lucy
I started to watch Maryland vs Iowa but this Tennessee vs Kentucky men’s game is too good!
The Vols are back.. you think that’s something wait until Rickea and Spear step on the court tomorrow against Missouri!

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back