Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Today's edition of the final truth is there is no truth (credit Boomtown Rats). Don't worry, even if its on video if you repeat the whooper enough it magically becomes "true".

So Nebraska now says "Why NO she wasn't hitting CC's infamous signature Can't See Me gesture after burying the game winner in her face! She was actually signaling "face guard defense". What a coinky dink!

Watching that put a smile on my face, always a good day when Clark get a taste of her own medicine.

Keyword "IF" someone can guard her. No one has been able too yet , same for CC.
Actually they have only 7 for 24 against UCLA and they lost and 8 for 27 against Washington another loss. She had one other game when she shot in the 30 percent range think they won that one. They have lost four times so even when she score 35 to 40 they can still lose.

Reactions: Rixxx and knoxvol52
My team hasn't even had their (latest) spanking yet and I laugh everytime I see that banner. But it's the Aja statue that gets me the most. Maybe someday, but in her 20s? Just embarrassing over reach on both counts, typical of trying-too-hard Dawn at that point. Funny thing is she doesn't even need that over reach anymore, maybe even regrets it.

It's sports, therefore plenty of reason to care about and bitch about what other teams do in their house. As I said the other day, the last jewel in the crown for SC and their fans is acting like they've been there before. You're the prohibitive overdog, please drop "Us Against the World" and own the position. Or don't, again it's sports, the fan rules are different. Why we love it!
So Aja's statue bothers you. Maybe it's because you don't understand that it has meaning beyond the WNBA's MVP but speaks to our very culture. During the days of segregation Aja's grandmother would avoid walking through the USC campus but now that same campus features a statue of her granddaughter. Not only is it a testament to Aja's accomplishments but to where we've progressed in race relations as a state and nation.

So Aja's statue bothers you. Maybe it's because you don't understand that it has meaning beyond the WNBA's MVP but speaks to our very culture. During the days of segregation Aja's grandmother would avoid walking through the USC campus but now that same campus features a statue of her granddaughter. Not only is it a testament to Aja's accomplishments but to where we've progressed in race relations as a state and nation.
I do understand that history. Still think there are far more deserving pioneers than a 20-something with her whole life ahead of her. Grandma is actually more deserving of a statue at this point in Aja's life. JMO

Last edited:
I do understand that history. Still think there are far more deserving pioneers than a 20-something with her whole life ahead of her. Grandma is actually more deserving of a statue at this point in Aja's life. JMO
No you don't understand that history or it's context. Within a few hundred yards of Aja's statue you'll also find monuments to the founder of Clemson who bragged of killing Black Americans, the father of modern gynecology who experimented on African American women in bondage and a State House built upon slave labor that recently flew the Confederate flag on it's grounds.

Reactions: brittannica
No you don't understand that history or it's context. Within a few hundred yards of Aja's statue you'll also find monuments to the founder of Clemson who bragged of killing Black Americans, the father of modern gynecology who experimented on African American women in bondage and a State House built upon slave labor that recently flew the Confederate flag on it's grounds.
You have no idea what I do and don't understand. I understand this history more acutely than you might imagine. And it's still my opinion. No need to go back and forth over it.

Probably completely unsurprisingly, old man glv is also not a fan of auto biographies and memoirs from very young people. JMO, but try living a life before writing about it. And get off my lawn!

Reactions: krichunaka
You have no idea what I do and don't understand. I understand this history more acutely than you might imagine. And it's still my opinion. No need to go back and forth over it.
So now you are the expert on who should have a statue on a campus that has nothing to do with you? That is just a little over the top and shows your inability to see things from a perspective that is not in your little box. It's like the banner for the year that we finished No.1 in the polls but there was no championship game. That should not bother anyone. It's a banner inside of CLA that is a tribute to those players and what they accomplished in a season cut short by Covid. I never understand that people outside of our program have a problem with that.

So now you are the expert on who should have a statue on a campus that has nothing to do with you? That is just a little over the top and shows your inability to see things from a perspective that is not in your little box. It's like the banner for the year that we finished No.1 in the polls but there was no championship game. That should not bother anyone. It's a banner inside of CLA that is a tribute to those players and what they accomplished in a season cut short by Covid. I never understand that people outside of our program have a problem with that.
That banner is your “Champions of Life” moment. We all have bad PR that was meant to be a positive but instead it’s mocked.

Over the top is hanging a banner for an “undefeated season” lolol. Not whatever this is.

Funny it took South Carolina like 30+ years to put a statue of their only Heisman trophy winner in history. George Rogers

But are in a rush to put a statue of Aja Wilson still not 30 years of age. 🤷

Whatever it's their state school.

Funny it took South Carolina like 30+ years to put a statue of their only Heisman trophy winner in history. George Rogers

But are in a rush to put a statue of Aja Wilson still not 30 years of age. 🤷

Whatever it's their state school.
Good ole George had some image rebuilding to do, which he did over time. The road around the stadium has also been named after George since shortly after he graduated.

For the life of me I will never understand anyone's infatuation with what another school does on their own campus in the form of statues or banners. But I tell you this, I hope that damned banner stays up forever because it lives rent free in so many people's heads....people who have no affiliation and shouldn't care one way or another. I see the Uconn fans on this site talking about the same banner all of the time...it drives them crazy, which makes it comical tbh, but everyone knows why their fans need something to pick at reference SC. You know who it doesn't bother? All of the AA recruits that come to SC to play. The banner stays.

Last edited:
Good ole George had some image rebuilding to do, which he did over time.

For the life of me I will never understand anyone's infatuation with what another school does on their own campus in the form of statues or banners. But I tell you this, I hope that damned banner stays up forever because it lives rent free in so many people's heads....people who have no affiliation and shouldn't care one way or another. I see the Uconn fans on this site talking about the same banner all of the time...it drives them crazy, which makes it comical tbh. The banner stays.
Could careless about the banner, I also stated it's their state school should've added , they can do what they want.

They statue is more intriguing, Boston had just as good a career at South Carolina as Wilson, hell put one of her while there at it.

Last edited:
Someone brought to light that Allison Feaster, Sarah Strong's mother played at Chester High in South Carolina and her father Danny Strong played at Great Falls High in South Carolina. It was also pointed out that Feaster played with the Charlotte Sting with Staley. I am guessing they knew all they needed to know before their visit. That's a lot of South Carolina connections as was pointed out.
My kids go to school with Sarah and Friday was our Senior night. Dawn Staley and three of her coaches sat right in front of me at the game. There was a Duke coach in attendance also. I imagine the Strong's were invited personally by Dawn to attend (just guessing). They are a super nice family and not the kind to refuse a personal invitation.

Could careless about the banner, I also stated it's their state school should've added , they can do what they want.

They statue is more intriguing, Boston had just as good a career at South Carolina as Wilson, hell put one of her while there at it.
It's sports. This is an online fan forum. Of course the Undefeated Banner is going to draw opposing fan derision. Not that it should stop them at all but they had to know people would have strong opinions Ya'll take this stuff way, way too seriously.

You put your finger on the problem with the statue. Now they started watering down statue -worthiness so why not Boston? I'd be surprised if that wasn't already in the works. Better get going on Fulwiley's. You get a statue and you get a statue!

Pat Summit earned a statue. Aja Wilson? Not quite yet. As usual JMO.

Reactions: maple and knoxvol52
Last edited:
Reactions: Poultrygeist

VN Store

Back