North Carolina Judges BLOCK Voter ID Law, Saying it Discriminates Against Black people

Franklin Pierce

• A panel of North Carolina judges in split decision blocked the state’s voter ID law, saying it discriminated against Black people.
  • North Carolina’s voter identification law was enacted in late 2018 when the state legislature overrode a veto by Gov. Roy Cooper, a Democrat.
Two judges on the panel said in their majority opinion that evidence shows the law, which requires voters to present a photo identification to cast a ballot, “was enacted in part for a discriminatory purpose.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/nor...ng-it-discriminates-against-black-people.html

• A panel of North Carolina judges in split decision blocked the state’s voter ID law, saying it discriminated against Black people.

• North Carolina’s voter identification law was enacted in late 2018 when the state legislature overrode a veto by Gov. Roy Cooper, a Democrat.
Two judges on the panel said in their majority opinion that evidence shows the law, which requires voters to present a photo identification to cast a ballot, “was enacted in part for a discriminatory purpose.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/nor...ng-it-discriminates-against-black-people.html
Well I'll be damned...a cnbc link.

Black people are too dumb and poor to get an ID per the Left

Anybody who says voter ID laws are discrimatory towards Black people are openly admitting that they are racist.

Doesn't matter, the Democrats are conspiring with the NAACP to force two Republican members of the NC State Supreme to be recused on hearing an appeal to two constitutional ammendments including the voter ID requirement. The other amendment they seek to overturn is a cap on state income tax, both approved by 60% of the NC legislature and an significant majority of the state voters in a referendum.

One state Supreme Court case could destroy the court for years to come - Carolina Journal

Doesn't matter, the Democrats are conspiring with the NAACP to force two Republican members of the NC State Supreme to be recused on hearing an appeal to two constitutional ammendments including the voter ID requirement. The other amendment they seek to overturn is a cap on state income tax, both approved by 60% of the NC legislature and an significant majority of the state voters in a referendum.

One state Supreme Court case could destroy the court for years to come - Carolina Journal
No conservative judge should EVER recuse themselves ever again after Kagan refused to recuse herself from the Obamacare decision. She basically ruled on the constitutional merits of a law she helped craft.

No conservative judge should EVER recuse themselves ever again after Kagan refused to recuse herself from the Obamacare decision. She basically ruled on the constitutional merits of a law she helped craft.
They're not recusing themselves, the NAACP is suing to force them off the court for these 2 cases.

They're not recusing themselves, the NAACP is suing to force them off the court for these 2 cases.
What court rules on a suit to force the Supreme Court to force recusal of its own members? Isn’t the state Supreme Court the ultimate judicial arbiter?

Ones own personal views on Voter ID laws notwithstanding - this is a bit disturbing.

Reactions: NEO
Supreme Court To Review dispute over North Carolina Voter ID Law

Republican lawmakers say the state's Democratic AG is not properly defending the law from legal challenges brought by the NAACP and other groups who claim it violates the Constitution

The Supreme Court announced in a brief order Wednesday it will hear a case over whether Republicans lawmakers in North Carolina can intervene to defend the state's voter ID law from lawsuits.

Those Republican lawmakers say the state's Democratic Attorney General John Stein is not properly defending the law from legal challenges brought by the NAACP and other groups who claim it violates the Constitution and the Voting Rights Act.

Supreme Court to review dispute over North Carolina voter ID law

Anybody who says voter ID laws are discrimatory towards Black people are openly admitting that they are racist.

Yet oddly it's not a problem at the bank, the bar, the liquor store or even at the library. Huh, makes you wonder what their purpose in not requiring it to vote, eh?

I swear if I were black I would hate the democrats with an undying passion. Everyone of those elite degenerates constantly treats black people as if they cannot be anything but poor stupid emotional creatures unable to be responsible for their own futures without the massah white bwanna. They write the laws and spew the "news" as if they still believe black folks are the most egregious pickaninny caricatures of a century and a half ago. Its disgusting and infuriating enough as a white person to see it. I can only imagine if it were directed at me.

Countries all over the world, including most in Europe, require an ID to vote. Yet somehow it is "racist" and "discriminatory" here in the United States.

Leftists are an embarrassment to this country. I can't wait for the backlash to fully catch up with them.

Countries all over the world, including most in Europe, require an ID to vote. Yet somehow it is "racist" and "discriminatory" here in the United States.

Leftists are an embarrassment to this country. I can't wait for the backlash to fully catch up with them.
Next time I go to bye a six pack and they ask for an ID I'm gonna claim racism against the store.

Reactions: ButchPlz

VN Store

Back