Number crunch analysis

therickbol

Here is how it looks right now, as long as all goes as expected.

24 verbals...but Cody Pope, Gerald Williams, Stephaun Raines, Todd Campbell, Brent Vinson, Darris Sawtelle, and Donald Langley will all enroll early and count towards last seasons class. That takes 24 down to 17, and therefore even if every other player qualifies academically, we still have 8 scholarships to hand out. When you factor in the likelyhood that a couple will have to go Prep route then that means we might even actually be able to take around 10 more. So, worst case scenario is that we have 8 players left to take. We have plenty of room. Bring on the commits.

BTW, Terrance Farmer, a WR/S has named UT as his favorite. Its basically between us and Oklahoma State.

Here is how it looks right now, as long as all goes as expected.

24 verbals...but Cody Pope, Gerald Williams, Stephaun Raines, Todd Campbell, Brent Vinson, Darris Sawtelle, and Donald Langley will all enroll early and count towards last seasons class. That takes 24 down to 17, and therefore even if every other player qualifies academically, we still have 8 scholarships to hand out. When you factor in the likelyhood that a couple will have to go Prep route then that means we might even actually be able to take around 10 more. So, worst case scenario is that we have 8 players left to take. We have plenty of room. Bring on the commits.

BTW, Terrance Farmer, a WR/S has named UT as his favorite. Its basically between us and Oklahoma State.

That's pretty nice Rick. I just don't know if we can get that many recruits by Febuary. I would like to see some more depth at DL and secondary, but its gonna be tough to get much more than 4-5 more recruits.

just to clear things up

23 verbals
Darris Sawtelle, Art Evans, Todd Campbell and Donald Langley are all mid-termers. Cody Pope, Gerald Williams, and Brent Vinson all have academic work to do and right now are not expected to be here until the summer. Stephaun Raines is not a part of this class yet, he has academic work to do as well. Also, Dennis Rogan is most likely going to prep school. We will sign at or right at 30, so we have room for about 7 more commits. And the interest is not mutual with Farmer.

Terrance Famer has an offer from us. Will we take him if he tries to commit? I dont know. At this poing, I doubt it. But, we do have interest in him. And, I was giving the numbers crunch under the circumstance with the biggest numbers. That is why I included everyone, even Raines. If Raines gets his academic work in order he would be part of this class. Actually, Cody Pope and Gerald Williams are both suppose to be here by January, and there is a good chance that Vinson will be as well.

And....to clear things up

Rogan is not the only one that is likely headed to Prep school

Two comments. First it feels good that some of these higher profile recruits are committing early. Second, I think with the momentum of the class, if history repeats itself the Vols will get a nice February surprise hopefully in the form of Marvin Austin.

so, how many, out of all the commits, are eligible to start *as of right now*?

how many are disqualified, *as of now*, for academic reaons?

i don't think Austin is going to choose UT... i actually think he will pick Illinois to go w/ Benn and Tez Wilson... that's just me.

X factor will be Rico McCoy, a fellow DC resident who is recruiting Austin hard.

Academics do not seem to be a problem for this class. UT took all of their licks in that area last year. The prize recruit to this point, Eric Berry, is practically a scholar.

so, how many, out of all the commits, are eligible to start *as of right now*?

how many are disqualified, *as of now*, for academic reaons?

i don't think Austin is going to choose UT... i actually think he will pick Illinois to go w/ Benn and Tez Wilson... that's just me.

Thats a tough question. The good part is that the high profile commits are set. Eric Berry is a good student. Donald Langley is a good student. Chris Walker is a good student. Gerald Jones is a good student. There are a number of commits that have an adequate GPA and are pretty safe bets but they have not taken the ACT yet. So, they are not qualified "as of now" without the ACT score. Also, none of them have passed all their high school classes yet since they are still in school. The ones that will need amazing results from the ACT, or some serious credit recovery because they are behind in credits, in order to qualify seem to be Dennis Rogan, Gerald Williams, Cody Pope, Stephaun Raines, Anthony Anderson, and Rufus Williams. That is not saying that all of those guys will not qualify. I am just saying all the other recruits besides those names are shoe-ins.

VN Store

Back