'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Oregon commit)

Other than money, I can't think of any logical reason why anybody in their right mind wouldn't want to be part of this team. Money isn't everything. I would rather play for a team my heart is in. But maybe that is just me. While working, I had plenty of opportunities to go with a higher paying job, but I liked the company I worked for! ;)

Other than money, I can't think of any logical reason why anybody in their right mind wouldn't want to be part of this team. Money isn't everything. I would rather play for a team my heart is in. But maybe that is just me. While working, I had plenty of opportunities to go with a higher paying job, but I liked the company I worked for! ;)

Being close to family, depth charts, relationships with a specific coach, etc

I don't have any inside info but they likely offered to drop a very big 💰. Like the one Miami gave that lineman kid that we were after two years ago. The family may not be able to turn it down. We'll see how it turns out. He's not gone just yet.

Well… they might think Dayne Davis is alright on a few spots on the line. One person goes down and it’s a near disaster vs Bama Georgia Texas etc. need to get to that level of beasts everywhere up front. Those programs wont have a Dayne Davis anywhere near their field.
Alabama struggled against USF when they had an injury in pregame and had to shuffle their line and UGA couldn’t run the ball on Kentucky before their all American guard went down in the 4th, and they looked worse after.

Both of those teams absolutely have liabilities on the line at depth positions. What are you looking at? You’re just spewing cliches. Georgia’s starters at DLine all played 50+ snaps because they don’t have depth on the defensive line, and Kentucky out rushed them.

“We need those beasts everywhere up front” yeah no ****. Everyone does. You can’t just go to a store and pick them off a shelf. There are portal transfers on some SEC Offensive lines that are making 800k+ as BACKUPS. It’s damn near impossible to have proven depth on both lines. Be glad we have 1 side of it, most teams don’t have either.

Hard to do that when you aren’t going to rotate the OL like the DL.
Correct. You can get DL players to stay in your program because you can get playing time for multiple players. You don't get starter quality OL players to stay in your program to sit on bench and wait for someone to get injured. No team in America has multiple high quality OL backups.

When Davis is the first off the bench it’s not good. The season could go downhill with a few OL injuries
Johnson needs to be first OT off the bench. I’m not sure I wouldn’t make Umarov 2nd when he’s healthy. Yes, I know he’s at Guard now, but he can play OT and did so in the bowl game.

That’s irrational. There is no team in the country that is 3 deep at every position on the offensive line.

Most teams don’t have 3 centers period.
That’s apples to oranges. Being 2 deep on the OL would be equitable to being 3 deep on the DL.

We need to find another that can play OT during the bye week. Open it up, reset the board.

I have no doubt that Dayne Davis “knows” what to do - but there may be others more physically capable (even if we have to dumb down the scheme).

That’s apples to oranges. Being 2 deep on the OL would be equitable to being 3 deep on the DL.

We need to find another that can play OT during the bye week. Open it up, reset the board.

I have no doubt that Dayne Davis “knows” what to do - but there may be others more physically capable (even if we have to dumb down the scheme).

I applaud Dayne Davis for being a VFL but i don’t ever want to see him play tackle ever again.

There is no way you’ll convince me any of the freshman who’ve been here since January or even someone like Brian Grant would do worse.

The first sack/fumble was a result of Davis simply not picking up the blitz. He blocked no one. That was a mental mistake.

But I agree with you…we need a better 3rd OT option than Davis. Johnson looked better Saturday and I would like to see Sham moved back to OT when healthy. Or maybe you try to accelerate the progress of Perry/Warren.

Man watching Dayne David try to pull all the way across the line you can really see how slow he is. Just couldn’t get out to the edge in time to open things up. Every time I see him go on the field I hold my breath. Hope Utu sticks!
well he's what we've got. hope he can stay healthy to help.

I applaud Dayne Davis for being a VFL but i don’t ever want to see him play tackle ever again.

There is no way you’ll convince me any of the freshman who’ve been here since January or even someone like Brian Grant would do worse.
yeah, i tend to agree. i think the only thing he brings over any of them is experience. and in a game like that .... i understand why that matters., and more importantly why the coaches went that direction.

but yeah....physically....there's a gap.

but we knew going in to the season that O line health was a huge priority.....so it literally is what it is at this point. 2 byes this year is big, and we need to get guys healthy.

Reactions: DarthVol1

VN Store

Back