'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Oregon commit)

wolf-of-wall-street-the-show-goes-on.gif

Debatable, I guess. Sampson stepped up in the pocket seemingly to protect against #10 blitzing inside. Dayne Davis blocked no one. Just watched the corner run by him. Maybe he expected Sampson to be there, but you don't give anyone a free run when you aren't engaged with anyone, yourself.
I was there. Saw it live. Davis was bad.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I gotta lot of heat for saying this last year but I’m going to reiterate it now: Dwayne Davis is awful.
The kid may not have the talent but I appreciate any kid that is trying to do his best for UT. Fans calling our players names because of a lack of talent should be bulletin board material for competing recruiters.

A big fish that has never won anything. Their claim to fame is having 72 different uniform combinations. They’re 40% football, 60% marketing.
How are we any different? Our uniforms seem to be more important than our accomplishments on the field. This fan base gets excited about the same thing and it has been 26 years since we have won any kind of championship.

I was shouted down by some on here for saying Duncan’s future should be OT, not DL. Of course, I was also “wrong” when I said Jauan Jennings and Jimmy Holiday wouldn’t play QB at UT. 😂
I think that was ONE poster who doesn’t do so anymore. Had a common experience. He had an agenda.

Debatable, I guess. Sampson stepped up in the pocket seemingly to protect against #10 blitzing inside. Dayne Davis blocked no one. Just watched the corner run by him. Maybe he expected Sampson to be there, but you don't give anyone a free run when you aren't engaged with anyone, yourself.
It was a well-designed and disguised blitz. You can see Davis turn his head twice and he was not completely sure who his responsibility is. He looks outside and then inside like he expects to block inside guy. He notices that inside guy is already being blocked and so he looks back outside realizing that the RB was not over there and tries to recover to the outside rush. But it is way too late. His lack of speed gave him no chance. Even a more athletic player would have likely not recovered in time to keep him from getting the edge on that rush.

There were also a couple times he just got beat by a straight speed rush because he is just not very quick on his feet.

Well… they might think Dayne Davis is alright on a few spots on the line. One person goes down and it’s a near disaster vs Bama Georgia Texas etc. need to get to that level of beasts everywhere up front. Those programs wont have a Dayne Davis anywhere near their field.
So this guy passes the ones redshirting this season…as a true freshman?

VN Store

Back