'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Oregon commit)

I think LJ looked good though. I would be comfortable with him at LT. Now need to find a better backup for RT to replace Davis
Just saw these PFF grades. Pretty much aligns with what I saw. However, I knew LJ looked good but didn’t realize he would’ve graded out this high

Attachments

• IMG_9507.jpeg
    IMG_9507.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I always respect people who update like this -knowing bad news like this will receive absolutely no likes and has no benefit to the poster other than informing others. I want to like the post to support your contributions, but on the other hand I can’t like it cause it’s terrible news. So this is my attempt to say thank you for what you do.

Debatable, I guess. Sampson stepped up in the pocket seemingly to protect against #10 blitzing inside. Dayne Davis blocked no one. Just watched the corner run by him. Maybe he expected Sampson to be there, but you don't give anyone a free run when you aren't engaged with anyone, yourself.
Ok, Kyler explains what happened on the first strip sack. Dayne was basically noncommittal because he didn’t know who to block. As I mentioned he kept looking right and left. So confused Sampson. When Dayne last looked at the corner left Sampson then figured he had that guy and then moved to pick up inside.

Watch at 1:28:40

How are we any different? Our uniforms seem to be more important than our accomplishments on the field. This fan base gets excited about the same thing and it has been 26 years since we have won any kind of championship.

You have to factor in their accomplishments were mainly due to playing in the SLACK 12.

I think this is a product of being out west, All his friends and family, it’s about the west coast state teams and Oregon is huge out there… idk why either but they are to the kids in recruiting. Maybe he’s gettting this feeling he wants to play in front of his ppl but I think he’s not looking at the 10x amount of exposure and his ppl are still gonna be super proud especially being on prime time in the countries biggest games.. I get it both ways tho, maybe he’d rather stay close to home.

I think this is a product of being out west, All his friends and family, it’s about the west coast state teams and Oregon is huge out there… idk why either but they are to the kids in recruiting. Maybe he’s gettting this feeling he wants to play in front of his ppl but I think he’s not looking at the 10x amount of exposure and his ppl are still gonna be super proud especially being on prime time in the countries biggest games.. I get it both ways tho, maybe he’d rather stay close to home.
Well, except Oregon isn't close to home and he's going to be playing games across the country anyway with the new Big10.

View attachment 651279

[

Matt Ray said that Oregon is making a big push for Utu on the Trail Tidbits podcast.

Matt Ray said that Oregon is making a big push for Utu on the Trail Tidbits podcast.

Every player and their tight family and friends have their own priorities that impact all the proximity factors. Access to every game on TV is what it is. Convenience and cost of attendance is not a big deal if economic or mobility issues make routine attendance impractical. Then TV time probabilities become bigger factors. Going east may require 10:00 am starts, while going west can bring on after midnight endings.

Travel and lodging costs are extremely variable. Bet these folks have spreadsheets to use in their decision processes. True out of pocket expenses are real factors if prep for future calculations are close.

Every player and their tight family and friends have their own priorities that impact all the proximity factors. Access to every game on TV is what it is. Convenience and cost of attendance is not a big deal if economic or mobility issues make routine attendance impractical. Then TV time probabilities become bigger factors. Going east may require 10:00 am starts, while going west can bring on after midnight endings.

Travel and lodging costs are extremely variable. Bet these folks have spreadsheets to use in their decision processes. True out of pocket expenses are real factors if prep for future calculations are close.
Oregon plays in the B1G so travel is a factor. Also, wouldn’t he be subject to the income taxes of the state he’s playing in? I don’t know about Oregon but TN has zero.

wall-street-chest-thump.gif

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
we are winning football games, we have a top 10 class, why shouldn't i have confidence? because we lose one recruit? baby i been doing this 20 years
Like I wrote earlier. With this Freshman OL Class being a big hit even your lowest rated recruit like Perry who staff absolutely loves we are good moving into future. Sanders is a future AA. And i love the Recruit from Oklahoma as well. In CHRIST Alone

VN Store

Back