'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Oregon commit)

Wow no thanks to Tennessee mentioned? Maybe he didn’t really appreciate the opportunity he had with us… Good riddance?
they definitely don’t get what it means in the sec. Best of wishes to the kid, but playing him at tackle at Oregon is gonna hurt the kid. No nfl team is gonna have a 6’4 Tackle.

CGE catches a lot of crap but he’s doing a good job rebuilding the OL room. There just isn’t that many 5* OT bodies in the world these days & until Tennessee got away from the NCAA issues, they were not a player in that pool. Now that’s behind them, the OL room is improving but it takes time. The ‘24 & ‘25 classes are strong.

Reactions: Orange.
How anyone could not come here riding the wave we’re on right now from top to bottom in athletics is beyond me….so what if they 69 different jersey colors?..😂😂 we have a vol navy and a blue tick hound that stood his ground against the Cal bear back in the 50’s…sorry we don’t have a duck pulling a truck😭…..NEXT

1727406613726.png

i think its time to move on from elerbee
I think it’s fair to say something is wrong with his player evaluations and/or recruiting ability but he’s too good of a coach to let go.

We are going to live off NIL and transfer portal on the OL. Not ideal but in today’s world it’s fine.

I think it’s fair to say something is wrong with his player evaluations and/or recruiting ability but he’s too good of a coach to let go.

We are going to live off NIL and transfer portal on the OL. Not ideal but in today’s world it’s fine.
OT prospect David Sanders Jr. from Greensboro, NC is still committed to Tennessee. He is the #2 overall recruit on 247's Class of 2025 Composite Player Rankings. He was worth at least a mention in a post as negative as this.

OT prospect David Sanders Jr. from Greensboro, NC is still committed to Tennessee. He is the #2 overall recruit on 247's Class of 2025 Composite Player Rankings. He was worth at least a mention in a post as negative as this.
He needs to go look up articles with Darnell Wright talking about the difference GE made for him

He's also a really good coach and firing him would be stupid.
Still waiting to see how good a coach he is. Crying for him to be fired because of Utu flipping when we have Sanders still in the boat is a bit of an overreaction, but until some of his high school kids hit the field for serious playing time, I'm not ready to say, "he's a really good coach". I think next year we'll see how good a coach he is. I will say I want him to be a really good coach. I hope he proves he is.

Sorry but this is just flat out wrong. Also, every team is gonna live off of NIL on the OL from here on out. So elaborate on what’s wrong with player evaluation and recruiting.

Still waiting to see how good a coach he is. Crying for him to be fired because of Utu flipping when we have Sanders still in the boat is a bit of an overreaction, but until some of his high school kids hit the field for serious playing time, I'm not ready to say, "he's a really good coach". I think next year we'll see how good a coach he is. I will say I want him to be a really good coach. I hope he proves he is.
What more do you need to see? How can you not say he isn’t a really good coach given our rushing stats since he has been here?

Reactions: feathersax
He needs to go look up articles with Darnell Wright talking about the difference GE made for him
Elarbee recruited Addison Nichols who never could quite get on the field here. Transferred to Arkansas and became their starting center. Until he got hurt. Point being, we have yet to see a kid he's recruited from high school make a difference on the OL. Our current OL is made up of two guys he inherited (Cooper & Sprags) and three guys we pulled from the transfer portal. We need to see guys like Sham and Lang and Warren develop and get serious playing time.

What more do you need to see? How can you not say he isn’t a really good coach given our rushing stats since he has been here?
Read my prior posts. I'm pretty clear about what I want to see. I want to see the kids he has recruited from high school develop and play.

I'm not calling for the guy's head as some have done. I'm just saying he still has to show he can develop the young guys he is getting.

No, not really. The flight is less than 4 hours and a direct flight. I've done it a couple times. It's 2 hrs 15 mins to Eugene.

And you might want to map that drive to Eugene. It's 850 miles from Vegas...14 hours. I think people who haven't spent much time out west underestimate the distance between everything.

Point being, if you have to fly anyway, no one is making the decision based on the flight being an hour and a half longer.
hes-right-you-know.png

No, not really. The flight is less than 4 hours and a direct flight. I've done it a couple times. It's 2 hrs 15 mins to Eugene.

And you might want to map that drive to Eugene. It's 850 miles from Vegas...14 hours. I think people who haven't spent much time out west underestimate the distance between everything.

Point being, if you have to fly anyway, no one is making the decision based on the flight being an hour and a half longer.

We live in a large Country.

How anyone could not come here riding the wave we’re on right now from top to bottom in athletics is beyond me….so what if they 69 different jersey colors?..😂😂 we have a vol navy and a blue tick hound that stood his ground against the Cal bear back in the 50’s…sorry we don’t have a duck pulling a truck😭…..NEXT

View attachment 681126
Hound dogs are absolute scrappers and can be one of the meanest animals you'll run across.. They're friggin crazy. A buddy of mine had a female, B&T coon hound, named Possum, that I would've put up against ANY dog on the planet..

I love'm.... 😎👍

Reactions: LaagerVol
Tennessee has been one of the 12 semi finalists for the Joe Moore Award, awarded to the best OLine in the nation, each of the last 2 years.

He’s a fantastic coach. Anyone who doesn’t realize that simply doesn’t know football. Fortunately, the man in charge of deciding who our OLine coach is knows a lot about football.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back