O-Line

volfan607

Don't really understand the complaints with the line. The pass protection has been good and they opened up HUGE holes yesterday but our RBs cut back across the field missing the holes completely. The fact that Worley can't throw is one thing but he can't run either which totally defeats the purpose of all those zone read run plays. Until we develop a mobile QB, rushing will continue to be a problem.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't really understand the complaints with the line. The pass protection has been good and they opened up HUGE holes yesterday but our RBs cut back across the field missing the holes completely. The fact that Worley can't throw is one thing but he can't run either which totally defeats the purpose of all those zone read run plays. Until we develop a mobile QB, rushing will continue to be a problem.
we are playing a running style that should hold the LB's for a sec , and cause CB's and safteys to crash Down but with no QB threat to run or hit the long pass it's silly we have a read option left,or read option right that really has no option :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
we are playing a running style that should hold the LB's for a sec , and cause CB's and safteys to crash Down but with no QB threat to run or hit the long pass it's silly we have a read option left,or read option right that really has no option :crazy:

Man you're right on. I think Worley really holds back the offense. And I'll admit I defended him until I saw his total lack of confidence and any sort of accuracy to wide open receivers yesterday. Just no improvement and progression at all. Let's see more Peterman.

Man you're right on. I think Worley really holds back the offense. And I'll admit I defended him until I saw his total lack of confidence and any sort of accuracy to wide open receivers yesterday. Just no improvement and progression at all. Let's see more Peterman.

Yep. I hate it for Worely because I want him to succeed, but maybe Peterman is one of those guys that lights up during a game and not so much in practice.

Here's a thought: Maybe Butch knows how fragile we really are and he's more concerned with protecting the football with Worely then gambling with options under Peterman . . . ?

I must admit, seeing Peterman at O&W and Open Practice, I was concerned about his accuracy. However, Worely's accuracy at game time just isn't paying dividends.

Yep. I hate it for Worely because I want him to succeed, but maybe Peterman is one of those guys that lights up during a game and not so much in practice.

Here's a thought: Maybe Butch knows how fragile we really are and he's more concerned with protecting the football with Worely then gambling with options under Peterman . . . ?

I must admit, seeing Peterman at O&W and Open Practice, I was concerned about his accuracy. However, Worely's accuracy at game time just isn't paying dividends.
Me Too, Worley is such a great great Kid . I would love to see him make all of us eat our words. He's so humble and does all the right things . He just seems like he's a step behind on every throw

Is it possible we're in a Simms/Bray situation again? It sucks for Worley that almost all his PT is against top 5 teams but it's probably best not to throw a younger guy in early against those teams. Maybe they're waiting until the last 4 must-win games to start thinking about experimenting with younger QBs?

I watched and re-watched the game. The people saying our o-line played poorly just know nothing about football. Worley not running...at all...ever, and not throwing well really hurts. If the QB is a little more effective we get a LOT better offensively.
:twocents:

Not a coach or anything, but wouldn't an option play work better if the QB (fast or slow) actually kept the ball occasionally. Not sure why they even call it a run OPTION. Basically just a hand off to the running back.

I'm mostly with you. Against a fast defense like Oregon's (if there is another defense that fast) our backs didn't have the speed to capitalize on what the O line gave them. Not to say our O line performed that well, it didn't; but our two best plays were with the QB under center. Those were the QB sneak for a first down and an old fashioned power sweep for a touchdown.

They should just bring a fullback into the game and play smash mouth. The linebackers aren't worried at all about Worley going anywhere..

VN Store

Back