Obviously Auburn didnt learn their Lesson

Tulane? And again... they choose one of the worst teams in CUSA rather than UAB, Memphis, or Southern Miss. Tulane should be improved this year, but theyre still not predicted to even win their division in CUSA.

Forget Tulane . . . VILLANOVA!?!

Auburn's non-conference schedules are just comical. I guess they are making up for getting stomped by Ga Tech, USC and Syracuse in the the last few years.

Don't laugh too much, has everyone seen our 2007 schedule?

In 2007, Central Florida will be a cupcake and Southern Miss shouldn't be any problem, but I don't think we need to apologize for opening on the road at Cal and playing a Northern Illinois team that has beaten Alabama and Maryland recently? At least there are no 1-AA teams on the horizon.

Southern Miss will not be weak. Speaking of OOC schedules... next year, UAB will play Oklahoma, Miss. St.(at Legion Field), and Michigan St. in our OOC schedule. Miss. St. appears to be the only SEC team willing to schedule a home and home with UAB.

With the exception of the teams at the absolute bottom of the barrel, having any D-IA team is better than having any D-IAA team.

And Tedford should keep Cal rockin'.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Jul 29, 2005 9:43 PM
Southern Miss will not be weak.  Speaking of OOC schedules... next year, UAB will play Oklahoma, Miss. St.(at Legion Field), and Michigan St. in our OOC schedule.  Miss. St. appears to be the only SEC team willing to schedule a home and home with UAB.
[snapback]119412[/snapback]​

You guys go easy on Miss State now :lol:

Originally posted by Blazer85@Jul 30, 2005 12:43 AM
Miss. St. appears to be the only SEC team willing to schedule a home and home with UAB.
[snapback]119412[/snapback]​

If you were from Starkville, Mississippi, you'd be looking for every opportunity to leave town too. :laugh1:

:laugh1: Poor Mississippi... no love even on a sports forum.

As for Miss. St., they may not be that good this year or even next year, but Croom will have them going in the right direction. How they beat Florida last year, I'll never know. The Florida game was right after UAB beat them on their homecoming, so maybe it was a wakeup call.

I guess that could help them out over all for the season?
They are some what rebuilding, But it isnt going to do much for the BCS.

OWB, 06 is fairly respectable.......2007 Yea not very pretty!
@Cal....not a bad opening
Southern Miss...isnt gonna be much of a game
Northern Ill.....WHO?
Central Fla....by the way will this one change if BS transfers there?

Southern Miss is actually one of the better mid-majors out there, they are poised to take a C-USA title this season. Northern Illinois is a giant killer. But Central Florida just sucks.

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Jul 30, 2005 12:49 AM
Northern Ill.....WHO?
[snapback]119420[/snapback]​

Ask Maryland and Alabama who Northern Illinois is?

Yeah... Southern Miss has a good shot, but it'll be a tough race. UAB, Memphis, and UTEP also have better than average shots at the title.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jul 30, 2005 12:35 AM
Don't laugh too much, has everyone seen our 2007 schedule?
[snapback]119403[/snapback]​

The 2007 UT schedule cannot get low enough to touch Bama's or Auburn's schedules in 2006

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Jul 30, 2005 12:49 AM
I guess that could help them out over all for the season?
They are some what rebuilding, But it isnt going to do much for the BCS.

OWB, 06 is fairly respectable.......2007 Yea not very pretty!
@Cal....not a bad opening
Southern Miss...isnt gonna be much of a game
Northern Ill.....WHO?
Central Fla....by the way will this one change if BS transfers there?
[snapback]119420[/snapback]​

The Central Florida game will not change. Schaeffer is looking at South Florida. Fulmer will not release him to UCF.

Southern Miss could be tougher than you think in 07

OK, I remember reading some time back, That CPF did not have to release him to anyone we play in the years to come. But if he had it could be a possible date change. I guess where i got Central Fla from?

You guys all know the schedules are set up yrs in advance.That said,N.D. and Mich State said hell no along with Michigan. AU is looking into Mich for what I understand,and they are saying no so far.I will end this here until I can think more clerarly,too late for me too be posting! :angel:

Id love to see a Michigan on a top 2-3 SEC team schedule, On a yearly basis. Maybe some type of rotation between UT,AU,Fla,LSU.
I know it wont happen, But its a tought......

Michigan will not play a Southern team due to in their words the heat and humidity in Sept and Oct.

Originally posted by TigersTalons@Jul 30, 2005 1:32 AM
You guys all know the schedules are set up yrs in advance.That said,N.D. and Mich State said hell no along with Michigan. AU is looking into Mich for what I understand,and they are saying no so far.I will end this here until I can think more clerarly,too late for me too be posting! :angel:
[snapback]119444[/snapback]​

There is no excuse for scheduling a 1-AA team.

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 30, 2005 5:30 AM
There is no excuse for scheduling a 1-AA team.
[snapback]119471[/snapback]​

I'm probably wrong but if the BCS no longer looks at strength of schedule in tabulating rank, and with the SEC teams being so physical, why would'nt you want to schedule the softest non-conference games you could possibly find?

VN Store

Back