Offense Is Struggling

Lexvol

I'm Your Huckleberry
From all that I have heard, the offense has been struggling in spring practice so far. Any cause for alarm? Also: What in the heck was Darius Rucker thinking? That commercial is driving me up a wall.

A few of the starting OLmen are out for the spring. The young guys are getting aquainted with The Chiefs way of doing things. They should be good and ready by September :naughty:

i agree. i don't think it's any cause for alarm. it's probably mainly the big ole' guys up front that are havin a hard time because of injuries.

Yep, half of our OL is injured right now. Plus, they are playing against a good defense this time. I am glad to hear that the defense is getting down and dirty. :good:

Glad to hear that Bolden is playing so well, but will be happier once somebody steps up on the O Line. Maybe one good day during the spring will give them some confidence.

I like good defense too. I hope this is the year that our defense gives 3 and outs, while our offense comes in and scores. Man, I can't wait for this season.

Our offense was on track last season. Our defense was derailed. Chavis has some serious work to do this offseason, our esle our defense could let us down again this season.

Good one dons. I will be happy if we find a center and a safety. I will leave the coaches alone this year too.

Man yall remember we only lost Neal on the D-line and brought everybody else back!! So this is not surprise with all the injuries the O-line has had before and during spring!

i dont see what the problem is. the offense always takes time to gel. defense usually progresses quicker than offense anyways. plus the offense has many injuries right now.

Originally posted by Lexvol@Mar 19, 2005 7:10 PM
From all that I have heard, the offense has been struggling in spring practice so far. Any cause for alarm? Also: What in the heck was Darius Rucker thinking? That commercial is driving me up a wall.

What commercial??

:dunno:

I think he is speaking of the ad where Darius Rucker decided it would be a good career move to play a singing cowboy in a Burger King commercial.

Yeah - I think that after you've had a #1 album if you decide to sing in a Burger King commercial, it kind of signals that your phone has stopped ringing.

Maybe the UT Defense is so overpowering, that the UT offense will move the ball with ease when they play other defenses :rocks:

I think were looking into this way too much. Every year, regardless, the defense ins ahead of the offense at this point. Some O-Line guys are out right now that will be ready come Fall. Its nothing to panic about. Its actually something to get excited about. Our younger guys are getting alot reps vs. and SEC defense w/ guys like Mahelona, Haralson, Gaither, Allen, etc. So come fall when practice starts and guys are coming back, our younger guys will be ready too. This can only help not hurt. The more depth we build at OL, the more we control the clock, the game, the line of scrimmage. Having fresh guys always is a plus.

Originally posted by volbrian@Mar 20, 2005 11:36 AM
Maybe the UT Defense is so overpowering, that the UT offense will move the ball with ease when they play other defenses :rocks:

i think the defense is playing tougher than usual for spring practice. we have always had a slow offense during spring pactice and doesnt ever predict our production for the year. Just like last year our defense was the highlight of the orange and white game. Just goes to show you how much better we could be compared to last years team on defense.

injuries are just like the T on the helmets. inevitable.

i have a few things for my 05 wish list but that is a whole other thread.

VN Store

Back