Offensive Line

surrealvol

Riggs will tear it up this Fall, but just how much depends on our OL. We also need pass protection big time. So.......

Who will start on the OL and where? How will the others fit in and how often?

What do you think?

I think Cody Douglas will be the building block. If he can stay healthy, OG should be strong. I think Rob Smith will be the other starter and if Josh McNeil reports in good shape and can learn the offense quickly, then Richie Gandy will be a big help to the OG spot. I also think David Ligon will get significant playing time. I'm also excited about seeing Eric Young get on the playing field. Last but, not least, if Chris Scott works hard, he will add major depth to a pretty good OG roster, unless they move him to OT.

If McNeil can't come in and play right away, Richie Gandy should be the go to guy at center, making the signing of Chris Scott much more important to the depth chart.

As far as tackle goes, I truely believe we will be better there than we were last year as far as starters go. I'm not saying Munoz didn't live up to his name, I'm just saying he could have done even better if injuries weren't always an issue. With Albert Toeaina set for a breakout year and Arron Sears with a great year of experience under his belt, we should be strong at OT in the starting role. As far of depth goes, look for Steven Jones to get quality playing time, but other than that, some guys with little and no experience will have to step up. They may play Chris Scott at OT for depth as well. Ramon Foster is a big fellow, but I haven't heard much about him. It really would have been nice to sign one more OT this year.

I think the starting TE at this point has to be Justin Reed, but IMO Chris Brown is a stud who will push for a starting job.

OT's:
Aaron Sears
Albert Toenia
OG's
Cody Douglas
Rob Smith
OC
Richie Gandy

Sears and Douglas are interchangable

3rd OT will be R. Foster (Fulmer is REAL high on him)
3rd OG will be Ligon
back-up Center will be McNeil

VN Store

Back