OH, Do 'Em Bulbdogs Have a Real Schedule?

Lol, really? Over the last three years we’ve averaged playing 6 ranked teams each season. That’s not a BS schedule. We can’t help it if Auburn and Florida have been off. I bet TN has not averaged playing 6 ranked teams for the past three seasons.

Lol, really? Over the last three years we’ve averaged playing 6 ranked teams each season. That’s not a BS schedule. We can’t help it if Auburn and Florida have been off. I bet TN has not averaged playing 6 ranked teams for the past three seasons.
We basically play the same schedule as you guys in the SEC, except that we have Bama and you get Auburn. I’d take that trade.

We basically play the same schedule as you guys in the SEC, except that we have Bama and you get Auburn. I’d take that trade.
Yeah, I agree. Playing Bama every year has been much more challenging than playing Auburn for quite some time. SEC schedules are all pretty tough most of the time. I can see why our schedule last season might be viewed as weaker than normal. The SEC cancelled the Texas game and it was too late to find a tough opponent. It ticked me off.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah, I agree. Playing Bama every year has been much more challenging than playing Auburn for quite some time. SEC schedules are all pretty tough most of the time. I can see why our schedule last season might be viewed as weaker than normal. The SEC cancelled the Texas game and it was too late to find a tough opponent. It ticked me off.

The reason people crapped on Georgia's schedule last year was that Georgia didn't play anyone with a pulse the first 5-6 weeks with their soft OOC schedule.

Also schedule looked very weak early season but two teams ended up being great that no one expected (Ole Miss and Missouri). In weeks 1-3 when it kept coming up, Missouri was unranked and Ole Miss was in the 20s in the ranking. Tennessee was the only top 20 team on Georgia's entire schedule.

Even at the end of the year, Georgia only played three ranked teams in the regular season: Ole Miss, Missouri, and Tennessee. Also, people just don't take Ole Miss and Missouri that seriously even when they are good.

Georgia has Clemson, Alabama, and Texas this year. All three of those teams are better (at least perception wise) than anyone on Georgia's 12-game schedule last year. They also keep Tennessee and Tennessee should be better in 2024 than the Vols were in 2023.

The reason people crapped on Georgia's schedule last year was that Georgia didn't play anyone with a pulse the first 5-6 weeks with their soft OOC schedule.

Also schedule looked very weak early season but two teams ended up being great that no one expected (Ole Miss and Missouri). In weeks 1-3 when it kept coming up, Missouri was unranked and Ole Miss was in the 20s in the ranking. Tennessee was the only top 20 team on Georgia's entire schedule.

Even at the end of the year, Georgia only played three ranked teams in the regular season: Ole Miss, Missouri, and Tennessee. Also, people just don't take Ole Miss and Missouri that seriously even when they are good.

Georgia has Clemson, Alabama, and Texas this year. All three of those teams are better (at least perception wise) than anyone on Georgia's 12-game schedule last year. They also keep Tennessee and Tennessee should be better in 2024 than the Vols were in 2023.
Which, in turn, was also because - at the insistence of the SEC offices the September before - they had to drop the Oklahoma game that was scheduled for 2023 (originally as part of a home and home with the school in 2023 and 2025).

Which, in turn, was also because - at the insistence of the SEC offices the September before - they had to drop the Oklahoma game that was scheduled for 2023 (originally as part of a home and home with the school in 2023 and 2025).

Not arguing with that, just stating where the narrative came from.

To be honest, very few teams in the SEC are really a "tough" game for Georgia not named Alabama these days.

For once the Jawja fat slobbering mutts don't get a pattycake schedule. May they choke on the bone thrown to them.
UGA was scheduled to play Oklahoma last season. That game was changed due to OU coming to the SEC. Other than that, UGA schedules a top non conference games each season.

pretty sure you haven't.

'23: Tennessee, Ole Miss, Missouri
'22: Tennessee, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Oregon
'21: Kentucky, Arkansas, Clemson

you need the 3 extra games from conference championship games, and playoffs to get up to 6.

UT over the same time played:
'23: Georgia, Missouri, Alabama
'22: South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Pitt
'21: Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss, Pitt

^also sans bowl games

granted a schedule is always going to look easier when you are the top team, you can't play yourself, but everyone else does.

pretty sure you haven't.

'23: Tennessee, Ole Miss, Missouri
'22: Tennessee, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Oregon
'21: Kentucky, Arkansas, Clemson

you need the 3 extra games from conference championship games, and playoffs to get up to 6.

UT over the same time played:
'23: Georgia, Missouri, Alabama
'22: South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Pitt
'21: Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss, Pitt

^also sans bowl games

granted a schedule is always going to look easier when you are the top team, you can't play yourself, but everyone else does.
True enough, I was counting the post season. And yes, I must admit that having to play GA and Bama every year has in itself made TN’s schedule very tough for quite some time.

Honestly, I completely forgot about TN’s games against Pitt. We were fortunate that Missouri and Ole Miss were good teams last season as that’s not always the case.

On a good note, for you guys and for me at least, TN is finally on the rise again. You guys have at long last found a very good coach, and he has already made huge strides in his short time there. I very much look forward to the GA vs TN games in the future. Y’alls offense against our defense could particularly provide for some great college football very soon! Vice versa is likely true as well.

Reactions: LouderVol
I hope they lose every game by 3 TDs. But let’s be real. They will probably go either 11-1 or 12-0. They are the new juggernaut in college football.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
I hope they lose every game by 3 TDs. But let’s be real. They will probably go either 11-1 or 12-0. They are the new juggernaut in college football.
We are for the time being. And it may continue, I do think it’s likely that we stay a very good team so long as we can retain Smart.

It’s hard to predict exactly what CFB will be like in the future though. The landscape of CFB is still adjusting to the major and quick changes that have been made recently. Who knows exactly which programs will adjust the best and thrive in the near future?

Yeah, Georgia and Ohio State look like the two best teams going into 2024. I could see a weird scenario where Georgia loses a game or two and doesn't make Atlanta because a team like Missouri or Ole Miss had a better record due to softer schedule, but still Georgia still wins the Title.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back