Oher to Ole Miss

OWB

Never
Staff member
So Oher decided to go to Ole Miss today. I wish him luck. He must not care about winning National Championships or any championship for that matter. It is not like we really needed him on the OL anyway. We have plenty of talent there. Have fun Oher, your loss!

Make no mistake - The new guy at Ole Miss is going to be a great recruiter. He oozes personality. No idea if he can X and O or not.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 17, 2005 3:56 PM
Make no mistake - The new guy at Ole Miss is going to be a great recruiter. He oozes personality. No idea if he can X and O or not.

Well for such a great recruiter....offering a coaches spot for a recruit's HS coach is kind of desperate....

Peace Cross

its oher loss not ours. will be good next year without him.

for such a great recruiter he sure is desparate and having the 2nd worst recruiting season in the SEC WEST and the 9 worst in the SEC.

You know, some of these guys must just want to go somewhere close to home and play football. Winning SEC championships and then national championships just must not be part of their thought process.

Ole Miss is definitely not going to do either while Oher is there so he must not think that part of the deal is that important.

Ole Miss wasn't a serious threat to national championship chances even with Eli last year, so I guess this guy just wants to play some football.

I am not that concerned about losing him because I think we are going to be just fine. Just wait til next year's Big Orange Juicetrain gets rolling!!!

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jan 18, 2005 12:00 AM
You know, some of these guys must just want to go somewhere close to home and play football.

This is true, let's hope that Patrick Turner has that same outlook.

Yeah. In about two years time, our pass defense will be incredible if we can get Kenneth Phillips.

Phillips, Myers-White and Morley in the same backfield? Unstopable. We need Phillips so we can have some immediate impact in our pass coverage, though.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 17, 2005 3:56 PM
Make no mistake - The new guy at Ole Miss is going to be a great recruiter.  He oozes personality.  No idea if he can X and O or not.

That's so true a new guy doesn't have a history to defend. Fulmer may not oozes personality but he's outlasted 40 other coaches in the SEC alone. I wouldn't trade Fulmer for any of these hot shot messiahs. Any OL player that turns his back on Fulmer is either foolish, or not worthy. Phil may not be Mr. Flash but he knows how to build a line better than any active coach.

VN Store

Back