'25 OK OG Antoni Ogumoro

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

Man that kids always smiling ear to ear,plus he's got a dope jacket,those type of dudes are always a welcome lockerroom presence.His first 3 mins 10/25 huddle is pancake city,kid stays moving look for someone to smash.I think he plays 4A but some of those teams look tiny idk enuff about Oklahoma to say.Think it was a good offer but if he can build on 23' he'll get that 4 star I'd say.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
“Right now, they’re definitely at the top — like, (No.) 1 right now,” said Ogumoro, who received a scholarship offer from Tennessee on Nov. 12 and now holds offers from at least 13 schools. “They were pretty much that way (before the visit) — just the way they were on the phone, getting that vibe off of them.

“But they really finished it off going into that visit and seeing, ‘Oh, yeah, these guys are for real.’”
“Coach Heup, (we talk) every day. Coach Elarbee, every day. And then Coach KP and Micah up there every day,” Ogumoro said. “I mean, I’m just grateful. It’s cool hearing from Coach Heup. The first time, I was like, ‘Oh, snap. What’s up, Coach?’”
“That’s one thing, hearing (about) it on the phone,” Ogumoro said. “But being there and actually being a part of it, and being able to sit in the meeting rooms and see what it would be like.
“A lot of (teams), they kind of see me as a versatile player,” he said. “I have the (athleticism) I use to play tackle, and they could have me at guard, center. Just being available for any position is good, so they really just tell me to stay how I am. They’ll see where they’ll try and put me (on) the line at whatever school I go to.”
r.callahan

Tennessee will host one official visitor this weekend as offensive guard Antoni Ogumoro will be in town to check out Glen Elarbee and the Vols. Tennessee obviously is in good standing with several tackles, but they are also view the guards as very important with the room set to lose several interior guys after this coming season.
-VQ

The Class of 2025 offensive lineman from Elgin (Okla.) High School continued his final series of visits this weekend by returning to Tennessee, and he said the Vols "helped themselves a lot" during his official visit to Knoxville. They impressed him when he attended their first junior day of the year on Feb. 3, and he said he came away from his latest trip to Tennessee thinking he could "most definitely" envision himself there.
"I most definitely can," said Ogumoro, who received his first SEC scholarship offer nearly six months ago from the Vols. "These guys, like I said, they've been keeping it real with me ever since (they offered), so I can definitely see myself here."
"Right now, the main thing — like, everything — is, one, they were one of the first schools to recruit me when my recruitment kind of started blowing up a little bit," said Ogumoro, who now holds offers from more than 15 schools. "But they kept it real with me ever since (Tennessee offered). Coach Heup, Coach Elarbee, Coach KP, everybody — the guys, too, they hit me up on (Instagram) and stuff — they just kept it real.
r.callahan

Tennessee wants to add multiple interior offensive linemen with the next one to come off the board being Antoni Ogumoro who will announce on May 21st. He will be at Kansas State this weekend and Missouri next weekend before announcing on that Tuesday after the trip to Columbia. Tennessee appears to have a ton of momentum here coming off the visit and the Vols seem to be trending with the Oklahoma lineman.
-VQ

Should be the next boom then Matthews after that to have a nice start to the OL and get momentum rolling into JUNE/JULY.

How do we feel about the evaluation here? Think he has a chance to rise in rankings any or more developmental?
We need them (OL), bad. Even if we dont, stock pile 'em.

Should be the next boom then Matthews after that to have a nice start to the OL and get momentum rolling into JUNE/JULY.

How do we feel about the evaluation here? Think he has a chance to rise in rankings any or more developmental?
For him, Callahan dropping a lot of hints that are his version of a CB.

247 Gabe Brooks just put out an eval yesterday, as a matter of fact (bolded is mine):

"Unverified size but looks the part physically on tape. Big base with strong lower-body drive train that fuels run-game strength. Can get more consistent with punch, but flashes heavy hands. Pulls and climbs with encouraging functional athleticism. Can be a force playing forward to the second level. Gets hips involved when engaged and regularly overwhelms high school targets. Multi-sport athlete who's played basketball and gotten limited throws reps (shot put, discus). Also has gotten valuable two-way snaps. Can improve balance and body control. Sometimes plays out over his feet. Potentially provides roster flexibility thanks to tackle experience and mauler-type field demeanor that projects particularly well to guard. P4-caliber O-lineman with promising context in pads and desired multi-sport and two-way background who could possibly possess sneaky long-term upside."

IMO this is a GREAT IOL add. Almost all of those types are going to be developmental to some degree, and we've signed a bunch that between should be readay to go in the next season or two. So get Ogumoro to go with Nic Moore (seems very likely, IMO) and then one of the following and you've put together an outstanding IOL class with big, athletic bodies.

Josh Petty (6/7)
Dontrell Glover (6/21)
Bobby Kanka (Michigan DL commit- 6/21)
Jacolbe Ward (6/14)
Mal Waldrep (6/21)
Douglas Utu

Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee traveled to Oklahoma on Wednesday to see an offensive-line target who's now just days away from announcing his college decision. He went to Elgin (Okla.) High School to visit with Class of 2025 offensive lineman Antoni Ogumoro coming off his official visit with the Vols less than two weeks ago.
r.callahan

VN Store

Back