OL recruiting/development moving forward

SoMissVol

Irrelevant poster
I’m a big Elerbe fan. I think he develops guys and does it the right way.

Now that most of the starters from this year are returning, what does the 2-deep look like in 2025? We will several R-Fr and R-Soph via for time including Umarov, Bennett, Grant, Perry, and Anderson. It’s a nice situation to be in to have third year guys playing their first starting snaps. Do you think all these guys stay? Feels like we are in prime position to start the “pipeline” model that Bama and UGA have developed.

Still need 2-3 portal additions. Sham and Lang hopefully make the jump to be starter quality and one of the 2024 guys is ready as a sophomore. 2026 should be solid from recruited guys if they can develop. I really like the 24 class.

Reactions: FBtime
With portal available to fill any immediate needs and also players transferring out, the roster management will very much be a year-by-year thing. In 2025 Vols will re-evaluate who all is available for OLine after transfers and graduations, then target those specific areas. The player development area is going to suffer for all programs since why invest in development if you can get instant fix from portal.

Reactions: LeannaVol

Now that most of the starters from this year are returning, what does the 2-deep look like in 2025? We will several R-Fr and R-Soph via for time including Umarov, Bennett, Grant, Perry, and Anderson. It’s a nice situation to be in to have third year guys playing their first starting snaps. Do you think all these guys stay? Feels like we are in prime position to start the “pipeline” model that Bama and UGA have developed.
The 2025 line will be a test of Elderberry's recruiting. Ideally we'd have an entire starting line of kids we've recruited and developed. The transfer portal is a potential quick fix but the problem will still be there until you get a real fix. There are no guarantees on great players being in the portal and us getting those great players if they are there. Recruiting is still the way. And it will be the way. Which would make player development be quite important as well.

I think we are making progress and 25 might be an interesting year. 26 could be very special. after 25, no telling had good we could be. I can hardly wait.

VN Store

Back