Old Jerzes From The 90s

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
i LOVE the old jerzees from the national championship years and peyton with the enormous numbers on the front. Those looks so awesome... who else is with me????????

Those were nice, but I would have to rank the throw backs we wore this year as #1!!!

yeah those jerseys looked like the titans jerseys just with vols colors. we should have worn them more this year

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 3, 2005 9:40 PM
yeah those jerseys looked like the titans jerseys just with vols colors. we should have worn them more this year

I think we tried, but the NCAA wouldn't let us.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 3, 2005 9:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 3, 2005 9:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Feb 3, 2005 9:40 PM
yeah those jerseys looked like the titans jerseys just with vols colors.  we should have worn them more this year

I think we tried, but the NCAA wouldn&#39;t let us. [/quote]
Really? Why?

I may be completely making this up, but I seem to remember that we wanted to wear them for another game late in the year - maybe even the Cotton Bowl and there was some problem with the amount of orange on the jersey making it unsuitable to be an away jersey.

I dunno if anybody is with me on this but i didn&#39;t especially like the retro throwbacks. But i do wish that we had the old jerseys back from the 90&#39;s like in the national championship and the peyton years like stated above. the reason they wouldn&#39;t let the vols wear the retro jerseys more often is becuz they had to much orange on them to be considered "away"

I&#39;m all in favor of going back to th eold big numbered jerseys. Especially with today&#39;s jerseys being made tighter and tighter (which I don&#39;t like either), there nothing worse than watching a player get his jersey bunched up under the shoulder pads and wrinkling the number beyond all recognition.

I liked the throwbacks, but can see the point about the amount of orange for a road jersey. There was a page on the Knox News-Sentinel site a while back that had all the uni&#39;s pictured (all the way back to the early 1900&#39;s), but I can&#39;t find the link. Anyone???

I like the ones from 1998-2001. The 1997 Adidas jerseys had stiched numbers ojn them. I really liked the road jerseys we wore from 1992 - 1994. I liked the orange number outlined with white and then outlined with orange.

Since we dont wear stripes down the side of our pants anymore, I wish we would wear orange pants on the road once or twice. Fulmer put us in all white when he was interim head coach for the UGA game in 1992. Then when he took over full time, so did the white on white.

I didnt like the orange on orange we wore for Memphis in 1999.

the 2002 jerseys were about as bad as that season. the road jerseys were ok but I hated the orange stripe down the side of the home pants. Finally someone got smart by the Miami game and we went back to plain white pants.

What about the new cleats we ahve worn for the past 2 years? Anyone like the white? I prefer the old black cleats from 1999.

I was partial to the big orange stripe on the pants. I always loved the orange pants and white stripes on the old white jersey with the double outline. The retro was awsome. Maybe a modern retro could be designed with less orange on the white away jersey.

i never liked the black lining around the numbers on the away jersey.

throw backs were way cool.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Feb 3, 2005 11:12 PM
I dunno if anybody is with me on this but i didn&#39;t especially like the retro throwbacks. But i do wish that  we had the old jerseys back from the 90&#39;s like in the national championship and the peyton years like stated above.  the reason they wouldn&#39;t let the vols wear the retro jerseys more often is becuz they had to much orange on them to be considered "away"

man i feel u a hundred percent on that one.... i thought the retro throw backs looked like a walmart jerzee that some company tried to make something kool an it just blew up in there face.. i didnt like them watsoever. Im very fond of the jerzees we had in the national championship era with the MASSIVE letters those are awesome...one more thing was also on our jerzees now i noticed especially cedrick houston would always get the front of his tucked under where the number was on the front and it made it very hard to read the number with me middle out of it&#33;

i think the main reaosn i prefer the jerseys from the 90s is because the jerseys are so tight now. you never see anything come untucked. it&#39;s gonne get to the point where you can&#39;t grab a hold of a jersey to bring a guy down anymore. i preffered tthe jerseys that were more loose fit.

Courtesy of allvol

post-1-1100797933.gif

post-1-1100797962.gif

post-1-1100797991.gif

post-1-1100798024.gif

post-1-1100798042.gif

post-1-1100798074.gif

VN Store

Back