On Buzz.....strictly A Rumor

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Someone (not a very reliable soruce) told me that they heard that Buzz was going to resign on Monday so that the University didn't have to make a decision on firing him.

Well, let's say that it is true for a moment. Wouldn't that mean that he was going to get fired anyway? I mean, I don't think that he would resign if they were going to give him another year..... :dunno:

I'm sick of the whole subject. I think I'll go start another quarterback thread.

:D

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 12, 2005 8:08 PM
I'm sick of the whole subject. I think I'll go start another quarterback thread.

:D

:good: Or you could start another thread on EA's bleached hair. That has become equally annoying.

I'm beginning to lean that way too. I'm thinking that if they were going to keep him around, they would just come out and say it to eliminate all the doubt surrounding the program.

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 13, 2005 12:49 AM
I'm beginning to lean that way too. I'm thinking that if they were going to keep him around, they would just come out and say it to eliminate all the doubt surrounding the program.

I'm with ya there.

You know, I kinda blame the fans (including myself). I have NEVER been to a men's basketball game. Why? Because I don't EXPECT much out of them. I don't think the Big Orange nation as a whole does either. I have found it to be true that you usually get what you expect.

That's a really good point . . . We defintiely have a culture of mediocrity surrounding our men's b-ball program that goes back 20+ years.

LIO, you've never been to a UT men's game? Perhaps you live far from Knoxville. My point is, if you're not a UT bball fan, then there's no reason to contribute to this thread. I live in KY and saw the Vols play nine times this year. As for the women, I have not seen them this year but will be in town for the first two rounds next week. No offense intended here. I just get really frustrated with how apathetic UT fans are about bball. I think the UK crowd had a lot to do with how the game started Friday. Also, UT was the ONLY SEC SCHOOL that appeared to have NO students at the tourney in Atlanta. Even Ole Miss and Auburn had student sections. LIO, I'm sorry for directing this post at you. LOL. Ladies in orange are awesome. I think I'm just venting on just about everybody with this post.

LIO, you've never been to a UT men's game?

No.

Perhaps you live far from Knoxville. I do. :bad:

My point is, if you're not a UT bball fan, then there's no reason to contribute to this thread.

I guess following them on TV, in your opinion, doesn't count, but I've either watched or listened to or followed Gametracker for almost EVERY game this season.

I live in KY and saw the Vols play nine times this year. And that makes you more of a fan than me?

As for the women, I have not seen them this year but will be in town for the first two rounds next week. Then I assume you don't contribute to any of the Lady Vol threads on here.

No offense intended here. What exactly IS your intention then?

I just get really frustrated with how apathetic UT fans are about bball.

Fans get really frustrated with how apathetic UT PLAYERS are about UT basketball!!

I think the UK crowd had a lot to do with how the game started Friday. Also, UT was the ONLY SEC SCHOOL that appeared to have NO students at the tourney in Atlanta.Even Ole Miss and Auburn had student sections. That was MY whole point exactly. You must have missed it.

LIO, I'm sorry for directing this post at you. I'm about the only one left on here posting tonight, so why not? :p

LOL. Ladies in orange are awesome. I think I'm just venting on just about everybody with this post. It's a shame EVERYBODY has already gone to bed, isn't it?

Originally posted by ukvols@Mar 13, 2005 1:13 AM
My point is, if you're not a UT bball fan, then there's no reason to contribute to this thread. are awesome.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it is hard work being a UT basketball fan sometimes. 14 -16 is pretty bad for Tennessee. We pretty much excel in everything except for men's basketball. It is not the fans fault.

Hey, it was just a frustrating weekend after Thursday. This was my first SEC tourney. I guess I should have expected this. Yeah, I probably should go to bed. Good to see that LIO follows the games. I'll watch my posts next time.

I say keep buzz!! Maybe he can pull a TT like AU did in football? On the brink of being fired turned in a undefeated season! I'm not saying going undefeated but I think we will make the NCAA tourney!

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 13, 2005 12:52 AM
LIO, you've never been to a UT men's game?

No.

Perhaps you live far from Knoxville. I do. :bad:

My point is, if you're not a UT bball fan, then there's no reason to contribute to this thread.

I guess following them on TV, in your opinion, doesn't count, but I've either watched or listened to or followed Gametracker for almost EVERY game this season.

I live in KY and saw the Vols play nine times this year. And that makes you more of a fan than me?

As for the women, I have not seen them this year but will be in town for the first two rounds next week. Then I assume you don't contribute to any of the Lady Vol threads on here.

No offense intended here. What exactly IS your intention then?

I just get really frustrated with how apathetic UT fans are about bball.

Fans get really frustrated with how apathetic UT PLAYERS are about UT basketball!!

I think the UK crowd had a lot to do with how the game started Friday. Also, UT was the ONLY SEC SCHOOL that appeared to have NO students at the tourney in Atlanta.Even Ole Miss and Auburn had student sections. That was MY whole point exactly. You must have missed it.

LIO, I'm sorry for directing this post at you. I'm about the only one left on here posting tonight, so why not? :p

LOL. Ladies in orange are awesome. I think I'm just venting on just about everybody with this post. It's a shame EVERYBODY has already gone to bed, isn't it?

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by ukvols@Mar 13, 2005 1:21 AM
Hey, it was just a frustrating weekend after Thursday. This was my first SEC tourney. I guess I should have expected this. Yeah, I probably should go to bed. Good to see that LIO follows the games. I'll watch my posts next time.

Look over me, ukvols. It was late and I thought you were accusing me of not being a fan. You don't have to "watch your posts" on my account.

:wavey:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 12, 2005 7:48 PM
Someone (not a very reliable soruce) told me that they heard that Buzz was going to resign on Monday so that the University didn't have to make a decision on firing him.

Why would he resign if he thought he could still turn it around? Also, wouldn't that eliminate UT's need to buy out his contract and he would be paid no more money?I can't imagine anyone turning down that much $ just so the admin. doesn't have to do their job and make a decision. I will be VERY disappointed in Buzz as a person and coach if he resigns.

Originally posted by utvolpj+Mar 13, 2005 3:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (utvolpj @ Mar 13, 2005 3:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 12, 2005 7:48 PM
Someone (not a very reliable soruce) told me that they heard that Buzz was going to resign on Monday so that the University didn&#39;t have to make a decision on firing him.

Why would he resign if he thought he could still turn it around? Also, wouldn&#39;t that eliminate UT&#39;s need to buy out his contract and he would be paid no more money?I can&#39;t imagine anyone turning down that much &#036; just so the admin. doesn&#39;t have to do their job and make a decision. I will be VERY disappointed in Buzz as a person and coach if he resigns. [/quote]
I had heard that they were going to give him a buyout but he would "resign" instead of making the University fire him. I don&#39;t really think there is much to it.

Regardless if he resigns or is fired, in the end it&#39;s the same except for the money part and I&#39;m sure they would work that out.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 13, 2005 3:18 PM
They oughtta keep Buzz at LEAST till Jerry Green is paid off.

Like I think somebody mentioned on here it&#39;s not really that much money especially when you consider the athletic budget. The excitement from a new coach (assuming they make a good hire) would generate enough interest and revenue to more than make up for what we still owe Green.

I think they should keep buzz because he could do well with the team he has next year. Crump and Scooter were inaffective the later part of the season, and Chris Loftin is back as well being our leading scorer as a freshman. Also, Major Wingate showed signs of offensive improvement while Crump was out. Dane Bradshaw as well is back, and though he is not a dynamic offensive weapon, he is a great defender. Have more faith in the Big Orange B-ball team, they could be good next year.

VN Store

Back