One Final OU vs Tennessee thread

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
So it seems several Sooner “Fans” had a REAL problem when the looked down on the sideline last Saturday night. There…standing amongst many…was the Captain of the 2000 OU National Championship Team. And he was dressed in Tennessee Orange.

When Twitter/X “blew up” from OU comments about such a “disrespectful display”…OU Captain Chris Hammons finally replied:

That woman that Hammons promised was Josh Heupel’s Mom.

This is def the BVS in me, but I’m very worried that OU is going to come a calling for Heupel after the Venables experiment. If they do, I don’t think he could ever turn it down. He absolutely loves that place.

I have seen everything on video about that game, including the locker room video. I lost my mother in 2014. You never forget it. He JUST lost his Mother. I do not know how he held himself together. My Father past in 2017. I have NEVER had anything more trying than the loss of my wonderful parents. The way he handled himself is indicative of what he teaches his players. We are SO BLESSED to have Josh Heupel leading our Vols.

This is def the BVS in me, but I’m very worried that OU is going to come a calling for Heupel after the Venables experiment. If they do, I don’t think he could ever turn it down. He absolutely loves that place.
Nope. He does NOT go to OU. He will make the football universe forget about OU. Listen to me, he is a young HC. He has more recourses at UT than OU could dream of. He has a real opportunity to be very legendary here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hires Venables as DC when Banks replaces Franklin at Penn State.

He loves some of the people. He loves his college memories as a player. But wrong is wrong. And he will never forget how they used him as a scapegoat..

Maybe you’re right, but I don’t see it.

I don’t think Venables is going anywhere, esp anytime soon. With some adjustments things could really come together for their team. He seems to be a good coach and is building something that doesn’t seem too far off really. The pregame presser he did I really liked the guy. He didn’t seem to sound like the typical coach talk kind of guy, and also just had that feel were people would want to be around him, draws you in I guess.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Okie
I don’t think Venables is going anywhere, esp anytime soon. With some adjustments things could really come together for their team. He seems to be a good coach and is building something that doesn’t seem too far off really. The pregame presser he did I really liked the guy. He didn’t seem to sound like the typical coach talk kind of guy, and also just had that feel were people would want to be around him, draws you in I guess.
Josh and his family are well loved in Oklahoma. Venables probably just as much. I don't see either going anywhere soon.

Josh is doing really well and has the program going in the right direction. He has grown significantly as a coach since his time at OU. It shows in every aspect of his approach. It seems a National Championship is in the stars, but as too many coaches can tell you - nothing is a given. Keep winning and getting better and the Playoffs are open to UT this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back