One of our Strengths vs the Competition

25vol

I’m not sure if this post I found on tigerdroppings is true, but 400k sounds like a good figure for a starting lineman in the SEC. Really interesting/awesome to finally see the power of the seemingly endless supply of money from our boosters/revenue finally help us in a big way. Where they get the money, I don’t know and I don’t care. I think it was stupid for anyone to think a group of people who have spent as much money as we have firing coaches wouldn’t be successful in the NIL era.

Attachments

• IMG_3813.jpeg
    IMG_3813.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 258
I’m not sure if this post I found on tigerdroppings is true, but 400k sounds like a good figure for a starting lineman in the SEC. Really interesting/awesome to finally see the power of the seemingly endless supply of money from our boosters/revenue finally help us in a big way. Where they get the money, I don’t know and I don’t care. I think it was stupid for anyone to think a group of people who have spent as much money as we have firing coaches wouldn’t be successful in the NIL era.
I love the comment that a football player having less than 3K Instagram followers isn't worth 400K in NIL. SMH.

I recall reading somewhere that a starting lineman is worth around $350K, so it seem plausible to me. Plus there is a recent story that OSU spent around $10 million to put their 2024 team in place (and recruiting isn't finished yet). That's about $117,000 per player for 85 players.

Reactions: volunteerpaul
I recall reading somewhere that a starting lineman is worth around $350K, so it seem plausible to me. Plus there is a recent story that OSU spent around $10 million to put their 2024 team in place (and recruiting isn't finished yet). That's about $117,000 per player for 85 players.
13 million

I admire your singular, short-term focus and willingness to chuck overboard any sense of decency. Really.

Let's say 400k is a real number, it seems like a deal on the type of talent he has for a position of need with multiple years of eligibility.
I don't know if we can keep this up though, that would be 8 million in 4 years just for ol, not counting other positions.

"Where they get the money, I don’t know and I don’t care." I, for one, do.
A pearl clutcher huh? If it was up to people like you we’d be sitting in the dumpster with South Carolina. This isn’t 1995 anymore buddy recruiting is harder than ever with NIL. We have boosters ready to give all their “hard earned” money I say we should utilize it.

Reactions: norrislakevol
A pearl clutcher huh? If it was up to people like you we’d be sitting in the dumpster with South Carolina. This isn’t 1995 anymore buddy recruiting is harder than ever with NIL. We have boosters ready to give all their “hard earned” money I say we should utilize it.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok. I don't really get all of it.
Unless the player or their family discloses the amount they make no one knows. They can guess based on social media presence etc but no one actually knows what anyone makes unless the player discloses. Supposedly the reporter that broke the news of Nico’s NIL deal actually knew the details of the contract, of course they never specifically named who the player was if I remember correctly.

VN Store

Back