rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Smith Named Defensive MVP
premium.gif

543976.jpg

Harrison Smith

By Sam Werner

Date: Apr 19, 2008

Harrison Smith has played all over the field this spring, including strong safety, free safety, Sam linebacker, and Jack linebacker. On Saturday, Smith was able to show off that versatility in front of over 30,000 fans.

I'm not trying to badmouth Smith, but looking good at Notre Dame right now isn't very impressive.

What would he be for UT? Backup nickelback? Good luck getting to .500 this year.

I'm pretty sure ND was this kid's dream all along. Can't blame him or UT for that choice.

I dont have a point. he was a hometown kid that went to another school and seems to be doing well. that's pretty much it.

No we don't, the kid is a freak athletically.

and that's fine but would he even be on the field at safety for UT? Plus, he picked off Jimmy Clausen. My grandmother picked him off twice in a pickup game :p

I'm not trying to badmouth Smith, but looking good at Notre Dame right now isn't very impressive.

Not too mention having him play all over the field does not say much about quality and depth for these positions he's playing. Not saying he isn't good but I'm not going to be drinking the Irish Kool Aid anytime soon.

I think he ends up being an excellent player.

hey I hope he is an AA while his college team loses every game and then he makes millions in the NFL.

We are still talking about the defensive MVP for ND that wouldn't even see the field at UT. And we've fallen on hard times?

hey, I would love to have him on special teams. I've always wondered why we cant duplicate what Va Tech does.

hey, I would love to have him on special teams. I've always wondered why we cant duplicate what Va Tech does.

Robert Ayers, Rico McCoy, Josh Briscoe, Gerald Jones all played on special teams last year. So did Ellix Wilson.

VN Store

Back