One thing I have noticed...

MississippiVol

Is the 2004 edition of the Tennessee Volunteers has a never say die attitude about them. Florida gave us their best shot last night, and our guys kept finding ways to get back in the game. When James missed the extra point kick, they could have just given up, and given in to defeat, but they didn't. They kept fighting, and found a way to pull it out. The team has done such an excellent job of rallying around Brent and Erik. They are playing together as a TEAM, not individuals. You have to give Chris credit. He came into a hostile environment, and played with such poise. He is no doubt a very talented QB, but our guys showed they are very good as well. I can't say enough about Erik's ability to lead our TEAM down the field with only 30 seconds left on the clock. Him being a freshman, and being able to step up and be a leader speaks volumes. I am very proud of our guys. People didn't expect them to do some of the things they have done. At halftime, I was watching the game on CBS, and the commentators made the statement that Florida would go on and win the game. They didn't believe in our young guys ability to get the job done. That was one of the proudest moments in my life when I saw that 50 yarder split the uprights! I have no doubt that this team will be one that we can all be very proud of.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

Originally posted by MississippiVol@Sep 19, 2004 6:28 PM
Is the 2004 edition of the Tennessee Volunteers has a never say die attitude about them. Florida gave us their best shot last night, and our guys kept finding ways to get back in the game. When James missed the extra point kick, they could have just given up, and given in to defeat, but they didn't. They kept fighting, and found a way to pull it out. The team has done such an excellent job of rallying around Brent and Erik. They are playing together as a TEAM, not individuals. You have to give Chris credit. He came into a hostile environment, and played with such poise. He is no doubt a very talented QB, but our guys showed they are very good as well. I can't say enough about Erik's ability to lead our TEAM down the field with only 30 seconds left on the clock. Him being a freshman, and being able to step up and be a leader speaks volumes. I am very proud of our guys. People didn't expect them to do some of the things they have done. At halftime, I was watching the game on CBS, and the commentators made the statement that Florida would go on and win the game. They didn't believe in our young guys ability to get the job done. That was one of the proudest moments in my life when I saw that 50 yarder split the uprights! I have no doubt that this team will be one that we can all be very proud of.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

Chris played pretty well last night. I just can't figure out why he is always jumping and skipping around like an eight year old girl. That looks pretty goofy.

He played well though, just not well enough to win. His receivers dropped some passes that should have been caught.

He does do some strange things . . . I never could figure out what the deal was with him waving his arms down low when he was in the Shotgun. Maybe letting the center know that he was changing the play????

Chris is no doubt a great QB and we have to face him 2 more yrs (if he stays) and I 4 1 can't wait to go to the swamp next year, I love beating the Gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!(almost as much as beating Bama!)

It looks to me like Florida didn't play as well as the could have in the fourth... But as far as how Vols did, well...

<-- The avatar says it all

VN Store

Back