One thing I'd change in football

EtowahVol

Going back and watching games from 20 plus years ago I picked up on there being more pure tackling and there wasn't as much punching the ball out from behind with the fist or punching it out of the runners on coming as well as stripping. I think this should be disallowed. If you tackle and the helmet hits the ball that's OK. Watched Oklahoma' first game and they do more punching forward and letting the ball carrier go by and try and punch it out from behind. Hope the coaching staff have noticed this. Just my opinion. Go Vols.

would likely create more meaningless reviews, a runner is tackled and loses the ball then a review to see if they were stripped

I would like to see the kickoffs either re-instated as they were before or discontinued all together. The kick offs are now just a waste of time. The extra points have equally become a waste of time as the miss percentage as dropped below 1%. Move it back or just give up the point. Its no longer exciting.

I've never understood the expression the "ground cannot cause a fumble."
If anything other than your feet or hands touch the ground, you are down. Therefore, it is very hard for the ground to knock the ball out without some part of your body hitting the ground first. The Stoerner fumble comes to mind.

If anything other than your feet or hands touch the ground, you are down. Therefore, it is very hard for the ground to knock the ball out without some part of your body hitting the ground first. The Stoerner fumble comes to mind.
In college, the ground cannot cause a fumble. You down - you down. In pros, if you are not touched by a defender, the ground can cause a fumble.

I've never understood the expression the "ground cannot cause a fumble."
It means the play is dead. In the old days it went like this. Tackler hits runner, runner hits ground, loses control of the ball (fumble). Recovered by defense. Now, when runner hits ground he is DOWN. Anything after that is meaningless.

Now don't even get me started on the incomplete pass because the ground caused the receiver to lose the ball after he was out of bounds. It is the complete opposite of the first case.

Reactions: EtowahVol

VN Store

Back