Only one underclassman QB on NFL draft prospects list?

ShoalCreekVol

I noticed on CBS' top draft prospects board that Bray is the only junior in the top 25 QBs (actually the top 33).

NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I'm really surprised that he is the only underclassman QB to declare early. I guess that says a lot about this QB class. This is an overwhelmingly senior, experienced class of QBs, and frankly it's an underwhelming bunch.

Of the four Vols to declare early, I'm not really surprised that Sentimore has not been taken or that CP and Hunter went around the same spot in late first and early second rounds. I'm also not surprised the question marks have caught up with Bray to an extent, but *dang I didn't think he would go this late or not at all*. NFL GMs usually fall in love with the measurables, and don't care as much about the intangibles. This year may be the point where we all realized that is changing.

I agree bud. I thought he would be a 4th to 5th rounder. Kinda disappointing. Wish he would have came back now. I'm sure Butch could have worked the system around him. Definitely couldn't have hurt his draft stock.

I guess in past years we've gotten so used to juniors declaring earlier that I just assume they probably represent 1/3 or more of each class. Maybe the cycle has caught up with itself to the point where the only ones worth drafting left are seniors, and frankly they're not all that good.

Last year was a boom year for QBs, so maybe this is just natural attrition cycling around.

We dont need him around here anymore, wish him luck he never fit the profile as a Tennessee QB anyway.

Looks like 11 of the top 25 overall prospects in the draft were underclassmen, so I guess it was just a QB issue and not an indicator of an overall trend.

Glad Bray is gone, TBH. I'd rather have a QB who might not be as talented, but who can read defenses, prepare for games, doesn't give up, and can pick up the occasional first down with his feet.

Glad Bray is gone, TBH. I'd rather have a QB who might not be as talented, but who can read defenses, prepare for games, doesn't give up, and can pick up the occasional first down with his feet.

I agree. Worley may be our Guy haha

VN Store

Back