OPen Practice Facilities?

SmokeyHound

I am not from Knoxville and rarely come into town. Does anybody know if I would be allowed to visit the new facilities? What time does the team practice and are practices open? thank you very much

Practices aren't open but Butch has said he plans to have an open practice in August. No details have been released to my knowledge.

Yes I've heard of the open practice during fall camp. IIRC they discussed it being an actual scrimage. I went to the practice Kiffin held, it was interesting. I think this is a great thing by CBJ, and If they do hold one I encourage all of the fans to come out. There could be recruits there. Bryce Brown was at the open practice Kiffin had, everyone chanted his name...it was awesome.

Yeah, all the facilities are wide open.
Be sure to bring a video camera to chronicle your visit so you can post it here for all to see.

Reactions: 1 person
Call over to the UTAD & ask about scheduling a tour. They may require a group. I went on the tour they had 2-3 wks ago of the new Anderson Training Facility & it was awesome. Have been in the press box & skyboxes & women's locker room in TBA. Would love to go on one of the FB locker room, Wolfe-Kaplan, TBA mens locker room, Lauricella area in the stadium, etc.

Why has the AD not released a video tour of the facilities yet? Are they waiting for all the graphics and everything to be done?

I am not from Knoxville and rarely come into town. Does anybody know if I would be allowed to visit the new facilities? What time does the team practice and are practices open? thank you very much

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but not in this thread. The open practice is at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, August 17th, from 7 PM to 8:15 PM (link below).

Vols To Host Open Practice August 17 - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Go Vols!!!

It's a little late this year but, you could always go to one of the summer football camps for high school kids. I took my son to a couple this year and the place was WIDE open. I spent the day walking around the training facility, weight rooms, locker room, auditorium, individual position meeting/film rooms etc etc. The only place that was locked was the hall where the coaches offices are. Even saw Tiny there working out and checking out the OLine camp. The parents get free roam because it's really just a recruiting thing anyway. Best $40 I've spent in a while. (Almost tackled Butch Jones on the field in Neyland Stadium during the special teams camp when I wasn't watching where I was going, kind of an awkward time-I know, cool story bro)

Last edited:
I thought about takin my 2 yr old to this. Would this be a good starter to see how he would do???

So does anyone know if you can indeed tour the facilities? I get to be in Knoxville next week for work and wanted to see about taking a tour

VN Store

Back