Orange vs. Crimson jerseys?

alaVOL

ORANGE U THANKFUL
Since Bill Battle is the AD at Alabama now and knows the UT vs. UA rivalry like few others. I started to wonder if it would be possible to get back to orange vs. crimson games of the 60's where UT wore orange jerseys and Bama wore crimson jerseys. Maybe our AD and Bill Battle could work it out so it would distinguish our rivalry from all others in the conference. What do you think?

The good ole days

orange vs crimson jersey.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
Bill Battle is the AD, but Saban will make the descions re: football, and to my knowledge, Lil' Nicky has already nixed the Orange vs. Crimson jerseys once back in 2009 when Kiffin requested it.

I could be wrong, though.

Nicky did, but that was from Kiffy who wasn't making any friends around the league at the time. Saban doesn't have anything to lose and actually could be a good PR for both of us.

Since Bill Battle is the AD at Alabama now and knows the UT vs. UA rivalry like few others. I started to wonder if it would be possible to get back to orange vs. crimson games of the 60's where UT wore orange jerseys and Bama wore crimson jerseys. Maybe our AD and Bill Battle could work it out so it would distinguish our rivalry from all others in the conference. What do you think?

The good ole days

View attachment 62552

I wish they would...It makes the UT/Bama rivalry unique....UCLA and USC wear the home jerseys against each other now every year...UT/Bama should do the same :yes:

Reactions: 3 people
I'd love it and it would even be better for them to do it all sports when UT plays UA! We've lost our beer barrel and need something a little unique to make up for it.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd like it if we did like LSU and said scroo you we'll wear whatever jersey we want and just pay a fine. Orange every game.

Reactions: 7 people
Saban is very much a politician and by now he knows that if he allows UT to wear orange at a tuscaloosa game he looks to be the good guy. He knows his team is 90% likely to win, I'd be shocked if he did'nt invite the jersey color.

Saban is very much a politician and by now he knows that if he allows UT to wear orange at a tuscaloosa game he looks to be the good guy. He knows his team is 90% likely to win, I'd be shocked if he did'nt invite the jersey color.

You give him too much credit. He is an ass with a napoleanic complex.

Reactions: 5 people

This is what I was thinking. Maybe somebody can get that ball rolling. Kiffin had already pissed off almost every coach in the conference when it was tried before so there was little chance Nick or anybody would do something he wanted.

If anyone has any good pics from those games when we wore the orange and Alabama wore crimson, please post them on this thread.

Besides the fact I'd love it, with all the expansion maybe such an addition would help to cement the 3rd Saturday in October before the dollar signs make it disappear.

I'd like it if we did like LSU and said scroo you we'll wear whatever jersey we want and just pay a fine. Orange every game.

I agree, however it would be much better if it was agreed upon by both schools. We don't have a lot of extra $$$ laying around lately either.

Last edited:
Kiffin tried to go Orange vs Red in the 09 game, but bama shut him down
USC and UCLA play each other in the dark jerseys

You don't pay a fine. If the home team doesn't agree, and the road team shows up in the wrong jerseys, then the road team sacrifices a time out prior to both halves.

Reactions: 1 person
Besides the fact I'd love it, with all the expansion maybe such an addition would help to cement the 3rd Saturday in October before the dollar signs make it disappear.

There weren't any dollar signs at risk of making it disappear.

The only ones against the permanent cross rivals were Les Miles and LSU, and last I checked their school only gets 1 vote out of 14 (15 if the commissioner has a vote) on matters like these

It's time to move football into the 21st century, those light and dark jerseys were for B&W TV! :yes:

I think the SEC precludes it but a simple request to them would likely be approved. As a very minor hijack, I would love to see UT vs SC in their black and our orange annually at the Halloween weekend.

Reactions: 1 person

That's not what LSU does. They have their white jersey designated as their home jersey for SEC games with the conference office.

Also, it's not a fine, it's a loss of a timeout in each half if the teams have not consented to the jerseys.

Reactions: 3 people
You don't pay a fine. If the home team doesn't agree, and the road team shows up in the wrong jerseys, then the road team sacrifices a time out prior to both halves.

I seriously did not know that.....good info to know. Losing a timeout would blow, especially in a tight game.

In other words Dooley would have been the coach to buck the rule.

VN Store

Back