Oregon game keys

white65

1. Worley must come out of the gate accurate and confident. This is a game where he must be a little more than a game manager to lead us to victory. He looked to much like bray vs WKU throwing off his back foot instead of standing in the pocket. But he did look better in the second half imo.

2. Making plays once they're set up. I mean that when we have something go right like, the o-line clears opens a big hole, or we have a wide open receiver. We need to be able to make some people miss and catch the ball. Pretty much we need some people to step up.

3.Defense I know that our D will give up points. (If we shutout Oregon I will shave my head :p ) But I think their goal should be to create turnovers. And keep the ball in the offense's hands.

4. Coaching This game will show us what butch can really do with team 117.

I will argue that it's tougher to get a good read on coaching when there is so much disparity in the talent department between the two teams. In other words, if we get donkey stomped it will have nothing to do with coaching.

1,UT needs to control the clock as much as possible on Saturday.

2, Neal and Lane need to run for at least 150 to 175 yards combined.

3. Force a few turnovers.

4. Get a big play or two in the kicking game.

5, Limit penalties.

1. Worley must come out of the gate accurate and confident. This is a game where he must be a little more than a game manager to lead us to victory. He looked to much like bray vs WKU throwing off his back foot instead of standing in the pocket. But he did look better in the second half imo.

2. Making plays once they're set up. I mean that when we have something go right like, the o-line clears opens a big hole, or we have a wide open receiver. We need to be able to make some people miss and catch the ball. Pretty much we need some people to step up.

3.Defense I know that our D will give up points. (If we shutout Oregon I will shave my head :p ) But I think their goal should be to create turnovers. And keep the ball in the offense's hands.

If we hold them scoreless, I'll let my hair grow back in.

Your number 4 is not true. This game will not tell what He can do with this team. Win or lose we are playing a team that is much better than us.

Execute the Generals Maxims . When the ducks make a big play our guys need to forget it and play even harder. We need a total team effort in this one.

I will argue that it's tougher to get a good read on coaching when there is so much disparity in the talent department between the two teams. In other words, if we get donkey stomped it will have nothing to do with coaching.

I agree that the outcome of this game is not a referendum on how good our staff can coach. However, I do not agree that there is a huge disparity in talent. Not as much as you insinuated. Their big time talent just happens to be at positions where we are thin (QB, and playmakers). And their talent is running a system that they have been in for multiple years as opposed to only months.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that the outcome of this game is not a referendum on how good our staff can coach. However, I do not agree that there is a huge disparity in talent. Not as much as you insinuated. Their big time talent just happens to be at positions where we are thin (QB, and playmakers). And their talent is running a system that they have been in for multiple years as opposed to only months.

QB and their playmakers are where the disparity lies, so you are correct sir. We just don't have a Marriota or Thomas on our roster.......:good!:

VN Store

Back