Other Interesting Recruit Names

HilltopperVol

With the signing of Slick and UA, I got to thinking there must be other interesting names that signed yesterday as well. Here are a few that I found.

Colt McCoy - Best name of a Texas QB since Major Applewhite. If he can beat OU, instant legend.
Mister Simpson - Not Homer. There was no other name listed for this kid so thats Mister to you.
O.J. Murdoch
Knowledge Timmons
Zack Asack - Yes he is listed as a QB
Popsie Floyd - Linebacker?
Neefy Moffet
Ishie Oduegwu
Zoltan Mesko
Prince Moody
Prince Hall
Prince Kwateng
Thor Merrow
Rocco Cironi
Rocky Ross
Tang Bacheyie
Richard Rich
Tumbo Abanikanda
Buster Garrett
Mick Mickeaus
Polo Gutierrez
Razzie Smith
Otis Wiley
Angus Quigley
Zipp Duncan

how about oklahoma's C.J. Ah You haha i kid u not. Also miami's Luqman Abdallah and Reginald Youngblood...and best of all Clemsons Etta-Etta Tawo lol now thats crazy

hey guys my name is fred shelley and slick is my nephew. im so happy that he signed with UT that im still crying. he's a great young man and will be a great addition to UT's great tradition. he got his name from his dad. back in the days when he was all city in new orleans the fans called him "Slick Shelley".

thanks for the 411 and welcome aboard! looking forward to Slick's future in orange!

Hey Freddy, We are all really excited about Slick. Do you have any tall tales that you can share with us about Slick and his game? Do you have any details on his recruitment and why he chose rightly to become a VOL.

Slick is a very competitive guy, i can remember him at like 7years old playing and beating men in john madden. he is a hard worker and adjust to new situations very well. he has great leaping ability from his dad. and soft hands. if you saw the all american army game, you'd see that he caught every pass thrown to him and adjusted his route when the QB was scrambling to score a TD. he is also a very humble guy. he is not some type of a showboat that alot of young guys are these days.

You sound like a proud uncle. I know I would be. He's going to be surrounded by some of the best QB's and recievers in the game. He will be glad he chose "reciever U". I can't wait to see him reaching out and catching the long bomb with one hand over his defender and prancing into the endzone.

Originally posted by freddyg1216@Feb 4, 2005 3:49 PM
....He is also a very humble guy. he is not some type of a showboat that alot of young guys are these days.

Combine that with his ability, and he becomes one of the best out of this class.

I think he can become the first premeir WR at UT since Stallworth left early.

Originally posted by freddyg1216@Feb 4, 2005 3:49 PM
Slick is a very competitive guy, i can remember him at like 7years old playing and beating men in john madden. he is a hard worker and adjust to new situations very well. he has great leaping ability from his dad. and soft hands. if you saw the all american army game, you'd see that he caught every pass thrown to him and adjusted his route when the QB was scrambling to score a TD. he is also a very humble guy. he is not some type of a showboat that alot of young guys are these days.

That's great stuff. Sounds like Slick is a fine young man.

Welcome to VolNation, we hope you stick around.

I dont know if this is true or not, but a few years ago, somebody told me that UT was recruiting a LB by the name of...

...now get this...

...Will Blowe.

Dont know if its true or not but you know with a name like that, he is one tough kid.

VN Store

Back