OU should be reprimanded by SEC

wmcovol

After watching games at Auburn & Alabama yesterday, it was even more evident that Oklahoma’s field was NOT up to SEC standards. Even with rain on the fields & high humidity yesterday, players were not slipping down anywhere like at OU. Sankey needs to tell OU that crap might work in the Big12 but not in the SEC. These are world class athletes with NFL futures that should have superior playing surfaces.

After watching games at Auburn & Alabama yesterday, it was even more evident that Oklahoma’s field was NOT up to SEC standards. Even with rain on the fields & high humidity yesterday, players were not slipping down anywhere like at OU. Sankey needs to tell OU that crap might work in the Big12 but not in the SEC. These are world class athletes with NFL futures that should have superior playing surfaces.
already being investigated behind the scenes.

Who buying into the fall army worms story?
Me. There’s myriad articles and reports of Army worms returning in droves to the OK landscape this fall, as far back as July. There are plenty of them date stamped from Sep 15-19 (the week of the game). We had them maybe 3 years ago in AL and they did massive damage in a week and moved on. I left a green yard for 2 days for business and returned to it completely wiped out.

Me. There’s myriad articles and reports of Army worms returning in droves to the OK landscape this fall, as far back as July. There are plenty of them date stamped from Sep 15-19 (the week of the game). We had them maybe 3 years ago in AL and they did massive damage in a week and moved on. I left a green yard for 2 days for business and returned to it completely wiped out.
I've seen armyworm damage too but I didn't see that type of damage.

I've seen armyworm damage too but I didn't see that type of damage.
Hubbs said they supposedly over seeded it with rye to fill it in from the damage and guessed that they watered the piss out of it. He said it was very soft/spongy when he walked on it pregame. I’m guessing if that’s the case the roots hadn’t really taken hold in such a short time hence the divets and chunks flying everywhere.

OK clearly let the grass grow high, didn't bother to cut it, then saturated the field before the game. No investigation will convince me otherwise.
It’s interesting to me that some media personalities were questioning whether or not Ok should do that before the game started. Wish I could remember who it was. Makes me think someone inside the program let the cat out of the bag leading up to the game.

Reactions: vol94fan
Saban joked before the game that the first time he went there, the crown was so strong that you could only see the top of the heads of the people on the opposite sideline.
High crowns on turf fields back in the 70s & 80s before underground drainage systems were the norm. First time I went on the field at Neyland as a kid I was surprised at the crown on the field.

Nick being all of 5-7 wasn’t able to see cause he was short. If the grass was high, he was lost.

I'm not sure over seeding in a week's time will provide that much "green". I think they over seeded and painted the field and between those 2 created a slippery surface.

High crowns on turf fields back in the 70s & 80s before underground drainage systems were the norm. First time I went on the field at Neyland as a kid I was surprised at the crown on the field.

Nick being all of 5-7 wasn’t able to see cause he was short. If the grass was high, he was lost.
The crown in Neyland back in the day was huge. You threw downhill on a down n out route.

VN Store

Back