our level

We would beat them. It wouldn't even be close! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Nov 27, 2004 11:00 PM
ND is 31 down to USC. How would our vaunted program do against the Trojans?

well with the "hog-jowl" guy we would probably get beat 80-0

majors, on the other hand would certainly defeat the trojans

:lolup:

We'd probably get beat by a pretty big margin, 30 points my guess. USC has a solid defense, so I'd imagine 17-20 points but the Trojans' offense would make us look like a big slice of swiss cheese.

After witnessing Leinart throw 25/35 (71%) for 400+ yards and 5 TD's? I'd say that our pass defense is no better than Notre Dame's at this point.

If Tennesee were to square off with USC...

USC - 48
UT - 20

Would be my best guess. Unless all this crappy defense of late is an appaearance scheme Fulmer came up with.

And that prediction is being kind

USC dominates, and they will destroy OU....i think next year we would be able to compete with them if Leinert goes pro... :dunno:

Think he will? Jason White stuck around with the Sooners after winning the Heisman his junior year...

Okay, let's do a game comparison.

The halftime score of both games.....

Tennessee 10, Notre Dame 7
Southern Cal 17, Notre Dame 10

The final score of both games.....

Notre Dame 17, Tennessee 13
Southern Cal 41, Notre Dame 10

Big difference in the second half of both games was that Erik Ainge did not play and Matt Leinart did play.

Do you really think that Southern Cal scores 24 second half points if they had to play without Matt Leinart?

Do you also really think the Vols only score 3 second half points against Notre Dame if Erik Ainge had not gotten injured?

what difference does it make..... no chance of us playing the Trojans this year .... comparing how we did against a team to how somebody else does is futile too alot of it comes down to match ups and team mindset look at the last 2 games for us our D's mind was somewhere else other than on the field and we made vandy and ky look like all-stars.... and you can't dismiss the fact that both those teams had nothing left to play for but a big upset and their mindset showed it.

Originally posted by allvol@Nov 29, 2004 11:14 AM
Big difference in the second half of both games was that Erik Ainge did not play and Matt Leinart did play.

Do you really think that Southern Cal scores 24 second half points if they had to play without Matt Leinart?

Do you also really think the Vols only score 3 second half points against Notre Dame if Erik Ainge had not gotten injured?

Erik Ainge is not Matt Leinart. Leinart will probably win the Heisman this year, and will have an even better shot at it next year -- USC's recievers are arguably the best recieving corps in the country and will only get better.

And while I fully support Ainge, I still realize he is not completely proven himself. He played to many games hovering around or below the 50% completion mark. If he consistently hits 60% next season and avoids another performance like his one against Auburn, then we can start thinking possible future Heisman winner.

My point is, that the Vols would not stand a popcicle's chance in hell against USC.

Originally posted by milohimself+Nov 29, 2004 4:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Nov 29, 2004 4:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-allvol@Nov 29, 2004 11:14 AM

Erik Ainge is not Matt Leinart. Leinart will probably win the Heisman this year, and will have an even better shot at it next year -- USC&#39;s recievers are arguably the best recieving corps in the country and will only get better.

And while I fully support Ainge, I still realize he is not completely proven himself. He played to many games hovering around or below the 50% completion mark. If he consistently hits 60% next season and avoids another performance like his one against Auburn, then we can start thinking possible future Heisman winner.

My point is, that the Vols would not stand a popcicle&#39;s chance in hell against USC. [/quote]
Just like they did not have a chance against Georgia this year, Miami last year, Florida in 2001, Florida State in 1998, and (if you want some older games) Auburn in 1985... Miami also in 1985.

I also wanted to mention that donsargent had mentioned that the Vols win over Miami last season was overrated because Miami was a mediocre 2-loss team. However, I would like to point out that had Miami beaten the Vols, they would have been 11-1 and most likely played in the National Championship Game.

Eh... That&#39;s just my opinion. I honestly think that USC would beat any team in the country, so that should rightly make then number one.

VN Store

Back