Over 4000...............

Baseball skills seem more portable to me than football and basketball skills which are more tightly linked to teammates and scheme. Others who have played these sports at a high level may have better insight, and I would be interested to hear it.

For sure it bodes well for SEC teams.

For players and families, the obvious takeaways from the events of the past several months is that in the SEC
1) you will be regularly playing with, and competing against, most of the best players in the nation;
2) when Fall baseball practice begins, most SEC teams have a legitimate shot at playing in Omaha, and
3) as a student-athlete, you won't have to be flying back-and-forth across 4 time zones to do so.

...and I'd add,
if you stay out of the swamps, you can enjoy more days of practicing outside, without sacrificing the joys and circadian health of experiencing four distinct seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
With over 4K looking to move...............that doesnt bode well for Recruits. A 22/23 yr old with experience over a recent Grad......which one would you take. It is also given new life to rising players from D3, NAIA, ETC. Are we going to see a reduction in recruits being brought into major programs like SEC??

Reactions: MDVols

VN Store

Back