Parking Changes For G10 Garage

Coug

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRI5PKqVP4[/youtube]

(WBIR-KNOXVILLE) As demand for UT football tickets increases, the rush for parking spaces is on the rise.

In order to ensure a safe game day experience, university officials made changes to parking guidelines, specifically in the G-10 garage on Neyland Drive.

"There's going to be an open parking period, and then after that parking period, there's going to be a guided parking period," said Chris Fuller, UT associate athletic director. "That's going to be an adjustment for folks."

The open parking period means anyone can park anywhere at G-10 starting at 7 a.m. But after 1 p.m., a traffic director will point fans where they need to go for the Oklahoma game.

The new general rule calls for open parking starting at 7 a.m. such as this weekend, but kickoff times will affect how long that period lasts. If kickoff is before or at 4 p.m., open parking will close three hours prior. If kickoff is after 4 p.m., open parking will close five hours prior.

Read More:
UT changes game day parking garage guidelines

Looks as though the university has set up some "strenuous" regulations on parking this season.

Specifically Lots G-10 and G5/30.

These lots house a lot of high dollar boosters--Seems a bit odd to regulate those that give the most if it's not a major issue.

I completely understand the issues with needing to get emergency personal, etc. That said, seems odd to require early arrival, Friday night set-ups, etc.

Looks as though the university has set up some "strenuous" regulations on parking this season.

Specifically Lots G-10 and G5/30.

These lots house a lot of high dollar boosters--Seems a bit odd to regulate those that give the most if it's not a major issue.

I completely understand the issues with needing to get emergency personal, etc. That said, seems odd to require early arrival, Friday night set-ups, etc.

The high dollar boosters just want to quickly park their car as close to the stadium as possible and get up to the skybox. The riff-raff hanging out in those lots, like me, makes it harder for them to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The high dollar boosters just want to quickly park their car as close to the stadium as possible and get up to the skybox. The riff-raff hanging out in those lots, like me, make that harder for them to do.

I assume I'm riff-raff as well then....... :hi:

I do not understand the changes that were made this year. I've been making the required donation for 8 season tickets in the lower level for over 20 year and had the luxury of a single G10 pass for as long. This year, with the changes, I've been bumped all the way to lot 7A even though I put G10 as my top priority.

I do not understand the changes that were made this year. I've been making the required donation for 8 season tickets in the lower level for over 20 year and had the luxury of a single G10 pass for as long. This year, with the changes, I've been bumped all the way to lot 7A even though I put G10 as my top priority.

Since my venture into the tailgating community I've made a lot of new/good friends...... Many of them are upset w/ this seasons parking pass situation. More than a few have been move from their desired lots.

I can only assume new/more money has been given to the university???

This has been being discussed for weeks. Why rehash the same stuff over and over again. In fact UT changed the original rules and relaxed them to some degree because of fan uproar.

Also all on campus parking is closed apparently.

This could end up being a traffic disaster of Clemson proportions.

Hey guys, I dont have season tickets, just wondering what the price range will be on two tickets for this Sooners game will be.

7A may be easier to maneuver this season. It's a little further of a walk but G10 will be a mess.

I think the change stems from people taking up 3-4 parking spaces with their tailgating. People complained they couldn't park where they wanted to due to tents & coolers blocking the space

Reactions: 1 person
Hey guys, I dont have season tickets, just wondering what the price range will be on two tickets for this Sooners game will be.

There's still lots of tickets available on StubHub as well. This is where season ticket holders can easily sale their tickets and you can print them out electronically.

The high dollar boosters just want to quickly park their car as close to the stadium as possible and get up to the skybox. The riff-raff hanging out in those lots, like me, makes it harder for them to do that.

I assume I'm riff-raff as well then....... :hi:

I'm thinking this...

I think the change stems from people taking up 3-4 parking spaces with their tailgating. People complained they couldn't park where they wanted to due to tents & coolers blocking the space

Along with this.

The other thing is that last year during several games, people who paid for G10 parking and had the proper parking pass couldn't get into the garage because all the spaces were mysteriously full.

You weren't allowed to fill open spots with tents or coolers before, so that isn't a change.

You weren't allowed to fill open spots with tents or coolers before, so that isn't a change.

They still sprawl out into adjacent parking spots hoping nobody asks them if they have the extra parking pass.

VN Store

Back