Parking Question?

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Any chance of parking fairly close to the stadium if I arrive very early for the game 8/31?

Possibly at Calhouns or somewhere on campus???

Just wondering.

Any chance of parking fairly close to the stadium if I arrive very early for the game 8/31?

Just wondering.

You could try to park behind Reese Hall off of the strip. Sometimes that works. I was a student there last year and people parked there that didn't have a permit and never got tickets.

Ha ha good one..better park at convention center or downtown and bus or walk.Donors pay for privilege of parking on campus.Imagine Calhouns monitors lot as would most near stadium. good luck though

Calhouns would probably be ok if you got there early enough. Still may have to pay though. There's also a garage across the street. In the past we've parked at the church very close to there (don't remember which one but it's on the steep road that curves down toward the stadium).

it's a later game so you may have more luck in the morning too

There is a public lot on Poplar St. just off Cumberland but it is pricey. $30 if memory serves. Leaves you with at most a 1/3 mile easy walk.

Children's Hospital Employee Parking Garage. $10. Good cause.

The hike to the stadium isn't that bad either.

Calhouns would probably be ok if you got there early enough. Still may have to pay though. There's also a garage across the street. In the past we've parked at the church very close to there (don't remember which one but it's on the steep road that curves down toward the stadium).

it's a later game so you may have more luck in the morning too

Is it the one up 17th close to Broad? I've parked there for years...good place, and they don't block you in.

I don't have a problem with paying to park, just was wondering about a close place. My wife has an artificial hip and doesn't need a long walk.

Park at the coliseum for $5. Then take the bus to the stadium for another $5. The $5 covers the ride to the stadium and back. Easy in, easy out.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't have a problem with paying to park, just was wondering about a close place. My wife has an artificial hip and doesn't need a long walk.

I would suggest parking at the Knoxville Coliseum Parking Garages cost $5.00 and ride the KAT Shuttle bus in front of the Coliseum to the Stadium and return..

Is it the one up 17th close to Broad? I've parked there for years...good place, and they don't block you in.

drops down to Neyland Dr right before Henley St bridge. Looks like it's First Baptist off Locust

I believe there's a cheap shuttle from Market Square that might be easier

If you dont mind the walk, you can park right across the gay street bridge for free.

Ha ha good one..better park at convention center or downtown and bus or walk.Donors pay for privilege of parking on campus.Imagine Calhouns monitors lot as would most near stadium. good luck though

I do ^ this every year, 5 dollar parking and 6 per person ride to a block rom the stadium. No hassles and quick to get you outside the traffic

Not meaning to hijack the thread but has anyone used the shuttle from Farragut H.S.? Is it worth the hassle and/or expense?

Just wondering.

A little walking wont hurt, work up a sweat and be fired up when the BIG ORANGE take the field for 2013 season.:good!:

If you get there really early, park a block or two north of Cumberland at a student rental house. Students rent out their driveways and yards for beer money dring games. I paid $10 last year and was within three blockes of Neyland. Only down side is they pack everyone in so you might have to wait a while to get out after the game. Of course that was when Neyland was only 70% full. Might be different this year.

I've never seen what's so great about parking close, as you're just going to sit stuck in traffic after the game. I always park in the State Street Garage downtown, drink a few beers at Downtown Grill and Brewery, then take the trolley which lets me off within easy walking distance of the stadium.

Idk if they are doing this year but you can park at Farragut High school and for like 10 dollars they will shuttle you to and from the game. You can bypass a lot of the game traffic that way. One of my friends did that before the cincy game year before last and he said it was cool and worth the money.

edit: ^lol what he said

Market Square trolley with free parking is a good option.

VN Store

Back