pass or run

deaknasty74

ok i have a question. next yaer are we going to pound the rock with a side of pass or go to the air and run from time to time? If you where a head coach playing us whould you key on the run or the pass? :dunno:

mixed. Ainge should be up to speed enough on our offensive style to start mixing it up from the LOS.

Key on the run and make Ainge beat you...That's what Auburn done...If you can stop the run that makes the passing game more vulnerable to attack....You've got to run to pass and if you shut the run down that doesn't give you many passing lanes...If I were coaching, that's what I'd do

id play run blitz 75% of the game...shoot the gaps and look for tthe ball carrier. this also gets a lotta qb sacks

Tennessee has to be able to run to beat the good teams. UT's offensive style is build around balancing the run and pass. Also if you can run the ball on a defense you can do whatever you want to to that team.

Running is the primary object of the offense. However, the playbook is actually very substantial. It allows RS to go with our strengths in regard to talent. You saw a different chapter of the play book in the CB. With a healthy OL and a QB that knows the playbook, can read defenses and make his own checks at the LOS, you can be very creative with our offense.

It depends on what the other team is giving up. I feel like we'll have to throw to set up the run. Defenses will put 8-9 guys up and make us throw early. I thought Ainge played better coming off the bench. When he was a starter he seemed to start slowly, but he did finish the games well. Probably cause he was a FR, but I would like to see improvement in that area. We have enough options at TE & FB to throw some short passes to loosen them up. I never have liked the fade down the sideline because it's low success. Casey and Tee defaulted to that a lot. Hopefully, they don't get Ainge into that mindset.

I hate to sound cliche but..........

the run really does set up everything we do. remember the cotton bowl?

if we cant run we suck. remeber two years ago. now look at us.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 23, 2005 2:43 PM
Playing A&M was different... That was the most terrible pass coverage we played against all year.

did you not see our OL completely destroy their DL or do you just not like rick clausen?

Originally posted by JSB2277+Jan 23, 2005 11:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Jan 23, 2005 11:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Jan 23, 2005 2:43 PM
Playing A&M was different... That was the most terrible pass coverage we played against all year.

did you not see our OL completely destroy their DL or do you just not like rick clausen? [/quote]
I saw that, but it doesn&#39;t change the fact that Clausen was shooting fish in a barrel because their d-backs blew coverages left and right.

VN Store

Back