Patrick Beverley Out For The Season.

hatvol96

Gary Parrish is reporting the Arkansas guard will miss the season due to academic issues. If true, the Hogs are in full scale rebuliding mode this year.

Gary Parrish is reporting the Arkansas guard will miss the season due to academic issues. If true, the Hogs are in full scale rebuliding mode this year.
Can't say that bothers me one bit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Can only be good for us...

How is that good for us? We don't even play them. If anything, it would give the teams in the West like LSU and Auburn and easy cake game on the schedule.

Confused and perplexed by your reasoning for that statement... please clarify.

we most definitely do play Arkansas next year. As we do every year.

Tough break. Without Weems and Beverly, they may be looking at a last place finish in the west.

Jeff Lebo is still coaching Auburn. The Hogs won't finish last.

I honestly didn't even think of Auburn...and with the current state of that program, it's easy to overlook them.

It's hard to believe that less than 10 years ago, Chris Porter and Auburn basketball were showcased on the cover of SI as the nation's #1 team. That program was never a power, but it's certainly seen better days.

I honestly didn't even think of Auburn...and with the current state of that program, it's easy to overlook them.

It's hard to believe that less than 10 years ago, Chris Porter and Auburn basketball were showcased on the cover of SI as the nation's #1 team. That program was never a power, but it's certainly seen better days.
That's what happens when you hire Buzz Peterson, V. 2.0.

Arkansas will be lucky to win 6 games in a very average conference next season. Pelphrey will be working hard for that raise he was awarded recently.

couldn't find the exact link, but I found the quote...

I have to say, watching LeBron James hoop it up in a regular ol' recreation center is one of the coolest things I've seen in my sportswriting career. It was especially interesting to see how the college kids reacted. One example: At one point the referees had to leave, so the players were making their own calls, playground-style. James' opposing team included Patrick Beverley, the 6-1 junior at Arkansas who grew up in Chicago. Beverely's team had game point, but when he attempted a layup James blocked it so hard it sailed across the gym and slammed against a side wall, almost plastering Jay Bilas in the face. (Which would have been another one of the coolest things I've seen in my sportswriting career.) Beverley tried to call a goal tend -- which in my eyes was the correct call -- but King James was having none of it. Beverley accepted LeBron's overrule, but he jawed back at him by saying, "It's still our ball. It's still our ball." He and James woofed back and forth for a good 10 to 15 seconds before play resumed. I thought it was very cool that this college kid was taking on the best player on the planet in his own hometown and not backing down. And let the record show that Beverley's team won the game on the ensuing possession.

edit: there's the link. SI's Seth Davis wrote it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/seth_davis/07/11/hoop.thoughts/1.html

Last edited:
How does getting your shot knocked into the bleachers constitute "owning" someone?

the fact that it was goal tending and Lebron became a drama queen about it, and he beat a team that had Lebron James and Chris Paul

VN Store

Back