People leaving

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
who all is leavin senior wise besides kevin burnett. i hope allen doesnt leave and mahelona already said he isnt leavin. so who else is there that is a possible to leave or is definately leaving!?

seniors are as follows

karlton neal
tony brown
michael munoz
jason respert
david colquitt
cedric houston
jabari davis
corey larkins
kevin burnett

they are the key seniors

Attachments

• shuler.jpg
    shuler.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
here is some more seniors

c.j. leak
derrick tinsley
john henderson
chuck prugh
victor mcclure

Attachments

• zolman_1177.jpg
    zolman_1177.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
We are losing some key seniors, but I like the looks of what we have left.

I was wondering why Jabari had very few carries this year. I guess we were just too deep at that position.

Burnett and Munoz will be missed, as well. Simon's back, right?

Yep Simon gets one more year. I don't think that our OL will suffer too much. Sears is a great talent, Smith played well this year and the rest had some good game experience.

Replacing Colquitt is going to be a chore. Even though he didn't have as good a senior year vs. his junior year, it has been a luxury to have a guy like that punting for us.

I hate changing kickers almost as much as changing QBs.

Dustin's little brother is on the team... if he punts anything like the rest of the family, I think we'll be ok.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Dec 7, 2004 3:06 PM
Dustin's little brother is on the team... if he punts anything like the rest of the family, I think we'll be ok.

It's not Britton Colquitt's punting ability that I'm worried about . . . :ph34r:

Yeah, I hope he's as good at kicking "habits" as he is at kicking footballs. Otherwise, we could be a little "green" on special teams.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Dec 7, 2004 4:36 PM
Yeah, I hope he's as good at kicking "habits" as he is at kicking footballs. Otherwise, we could be a little "green" on special teams.

:question: OHHHH, I get it! :cool:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Dec 7, 2004 3:36 PM

Well like they say you learn something new everyday :question:

This is a list of 2004 players returning in 2005, their 2005 class, and their 2004 starts...

POS offense Class 2004 Starts
OT 72 Albert Toeaina Sr. 7
OT 76 Arron Sears Jr. 11
OG 52 Rob Smith Jr. 12
OG 70 Cody Douglas Sr. 6
C 74 Richie Gandy Sr. 4
TE 87 Justin Reed Sr. 4
WR 13 Chris Hannon Sr. 10
WR 1 Jayson Swain Jr. 8
QB 10 Erik Ainge So. 6
RB 31 Gerald Riggs Sr. 3
FB 45 Cory Anderson Jr. 8

POS defense
DE 98 Parys Haralson Sr. 11
DE 92 Turk McBride Jr. 4
DT 55 Jesse Mahelona Sr. 10
DT 92 Justin Harrell Jr. 11
LB 35 Jason Mitchell Sr. 12
LB 44 Omar Gaither Sr. 10
LB 5 Kevin Simon Jr. 2
CB 33 Jonathan Hefney So. 11
CB 36 Roshaun Fellows So. 7
FS 18 Jason Allen Sr. 12
SS 26 Corey Campbell Jr. 3

Others...
QB 7 Brent Shaeffer So. 3
QB 16 Rick Clausen Sr. 3
TE 28 Chris Brown So. 2
DB 22 Robert Boulware Sr. 3
DB 4 Jonathan Wade Jr. 5
DB 24 Antwan Stewart So. 5 (2003)

the thing about it is... we dont exactly lose anyone we cant replace the only one i can think of necessarily would be jason allen.... he is a phenomenal db..... i hope he stays he gets my MVP vote. Hopefully he will stay!

Can anyone provide any info on little Colquitt's talent...actually seen him punt? Would be curious as to hang, placement, etc. His high school average is the only stat we've seen and that number is way too subjective. I'm asking because son is considering walking-on at UT next year to punt. Possible offers from other D1A schools, but UT is his preferred school. Trying to measure the competition there in a realistic way. Input appreciated, "Mom"

Apparently from some of the rumors about the newest Colquitt, if your son can indeed punt and do it better, and if you have his attitude straight and he is clean inside and out, he could do it. Overcoming a 3rd legacy player would be difficult from the onset, but UT won't risk special teams performance over that. Besides, if he doen't beat them out, move on and get that starting position somewhere. Instead of just showing up to walk on, try and get some time with the coaches and make a trip up and start showing what he can do. Then they will know about him before he gets there and already be in their head if Britton doesn't straighten up.

The seniors will be missed but the core is still in place. This team is so young; it will be fun watching them grow. I think the players realize we have something special and will stay.

The bottom line is if your son can punt better, he will have the starting job. What is his punting average? Good luck!

Let's kick some A&m :shakeit: !

GVF...we're already in contact with them, they've seen his senior highlights, etc. The only unknown on our part right now is more info on talent re: little brother. Yes, he's clean inside and out....to the point he's so ready for college and tired of the high school antics, etc. No doubt in our mind on that front...more the talent and political aspect (if any) of truly having a shot. Two well known D1A schools are courting him, both as a freshman starter so the real issue is comparing his ability to what's there and already on the roster as a scholarship player. Thanks for your reply...anything else is appreciated. AVG is 40, but longs of 66 and 64 with 4.2-4.9 hang. 70% not returned and 52% inside the 20. Mom

Simon is a JR.........but I wouldnt exactly expect him to be in an orange jersey nect year. The kid is a great player, but he is very injury prone

Originally posted by diehardmom@Dec 30, 2004 10:45 AM
GVF...we're already in contact with them, they've seen his senior highlights, etc. The only unknown on our part right now is more info on talent re: little brother. Yes, he's clean inside and out....to the point he's so ready for college and tired of the high school antics, etc. No doubt in our mind on that front...more the talent and political aspect (if any) of truly having a shot. Two well known D1A schools are courting him, both as a freshman starter so the real issue is comparing his ability to what's there and already on the roster as a scholarship player. Thanks for your reply...anything else is appreciated. AVG is 40, but longs of 66 and 64 with 4.2-4.9 hang. 70% not returned and 52% inside the 20. Mom

Good luck to your son, hope to see him in orange one day.

VN Store

Back