Perhaps some sunshine???

rockytophigh

Rod Wilks is my co-pilot
I recall before our national championship year (that is getting longer and longer ago), after being whipped by Nebraska, Fulmer went to Bobby Bowden and asked him for some advice. Bowden's response was....speed.

Perhaps after what CBJ saw today, he will focus on stacking us up with speed. We were in position to make some plays today on defense and just got blown by.

This may end up being the one game that helps us get back to glory. It's all the sunshine I could find today. :cray:

I recall before our national championship year (that is getting longer and longer ago), after being whipped by Nebraska, Fulmer went to Bobby Bowden and asked him for some advice. Bowden's response was....speed.

Perhaps after what CBJ saw today, he will focus on stacking us up with speed. We were in position to make some plays today on defense and just got blown by.

This may end up being the one game that helps us get back to glory. It's all the sunshine I could find today. :cray:

Check the recruiting forum. We just landed a RB in Hurd who runs a quick forty and a unknown CB in Moseley who runs a 4.3. I think he knows exactly what he needs to get to win in this league.

But Bowden is right. Speed kills.

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah, I know about Hurd as I'm from Nashville (not far from Beech)....& you expect speed at running back. I'll check out Mosely.

It was painfully obvious today we lack speed in several positions.

'tis funny you mentioned that. I remember that, in post-game comments immediately after the 1998 Orange Bowl, Coach Osborne said that "Phil [Fulmer] will win a national championship before he is through." Little did we know that it would occur the following season.

'tis funny you mentioned that. I remember that, in post-game comments immediately after the 1998 Orange Bowl, Coach Osborne said that "Phil [Fulmer] will win a national championship before he is through." Little did we know that it would occur the following season.

And, would be the last one for a long time.

Oh I went to the cabinet for the Gentlemen Jack in the first quarter. Found one swallow left in the bottle. Grounds for a divorce IMO.

I always make sure to text DH when I've left only one swallow in the Maker's. :good!: One of the things that makes a marriage strong, IMO.

Look there are going to be a very few people who run a sub 4.4 forty. I agree though we do need speed but skill more so. Once we build some depth we will be alright. For some reason we can't stay healthy.

Early tee time was beautiful at Montgomery bell

I bet it was . I would not know. Grocery shopping, nephew birthday party, fix a dryer vent and replace the headlight switch in my burb. I heard the entire game though and at sunset I checked on my tree stands. Great day overall.

VN Store

Back