Peyton Manning 'looking forward to supporting' Butch Jones

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
Peyton Manning 'looking forward to supporting' Butch Jones » Knoxville News Sentinel

“It makes me feel a little older; it’s pretty humbling,” Manning said. “But at the same time, I enjoy getting to know these kids and being a part of the program and supporting it. I know coach (Butch) Jones is excited about the future and I’m looking forward to supporting him.”

“If the quarterbacks have questions, I try to answer questions. I am not their coach by any means,” he said. “They have great coaches and that’s who they need to listen to, but if I can be there to help — I might share how I worked with my receivers to improve — I kind of let them start that conversation. I’m trying to get my workout in, too. I’m trying to get ready for the season as well.”

“It’s been fun seeing all the guys that I’ve worked out with over the years — guys like Jason Witten and Donte Stallworth and some of the great players that have gone to have NFL careers,” he said. “You never know who in this group is going to do that. It’s fun for me to see these guys as freshmen.”

847153_t607.JPG

Here is another great shot of the man, this time with another UT Legend, Pat Summit, as they are filming a commercial for the Pat Summit Foundation. Positive energy always surround this guy, it seems. Great things happen everytime he steps foot on campus. This man epitomizes the Volunteer spirit perfectly. True V.F.L.

BNDnyIoCEAA_Y8s.jpg:large

Reactions: 14 people
In this same interview, Peyton said he has given out his cell phone number in the past to some of our QB's in case they ever had a question or just wanted to talk.

David Cornwell will never get the opportunity to place that call...:no:

Reactions: 1 person
In this same interview, Peyton said he has given out his cell phone number in the past to some of our QB's in case they ever had a question or just wanted to talk.

Pssh

Reactions: 1 person

Pssh, in a couple of years he can call AJ.

For a double pepperoni.

Reactions: 11 people
Hey, where oh where has our national championship QB gone, where oh where can he be?

Peyton Manning -- or any other Vol fan for that matter -- should not "look forward to supporting Coach Butch Jones." If you aren't already supporting him, you are not a Vol fan. Peyton is well on board and it's time everyone gets on the train.

VN Store

Back