PFF Draft rankings for Vols

LAVol1

161 - Joe Milton
164 - Kamal Hadden
169 - Gerald Mincey
177 - Bru McCoy

All 4 are projected round 6. This my be why everyone on this list with eligibility could be back.

Surprised Omari Thomas not ranked. Not ranked by NFLDraftScout.com either, Hadden projected 7th round.

No Jalen Wright? Interesting. 8-4 in the SEC with almost no NFL draft picks isn't bad. We just didn't have any playmakers in 2023. On the flip side, we need more NFL draft picks! Preferably, high-round draft picks.

How could Butch have all of that talent on his team and get so little out of it.....rhetorical question of course.

If these are our highest ranked players then the coaching staff did a better job coaching them up than I thought.

The way he used Kamara was criminal

100%........even when he was actually here and playing I think many of us wondered why he didn't see much more reps. Wasnt like we all learned it after the fact once he got to the NFL........of course we're talking about a guy who is about to go join cornbreads h.s. team as an OC or quality control guy.

Reactions: tbh and HalfullVol
161 - Joe Milton
164 - Kamal Hadden
169 - Gerald Mincey
177 - Bru McCoy

All 4 are projected round 6. This my be why everyone on this list with eligibility could be back.

Surprised Omari Thomas not ranked. Not ranked by NFLDraftScout.com either, Hadden projected 7th round.
Mincey already announced he’s coming back.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
No Jalen Wright? Interesting. 8-4 in the SEC with almost no NFL draft picks isn't bad. We just didn't have any playmakers in 2023. On the flip side, we need more NFL draft picks! Preferably, high-round draft picks.
Hard to believe Wright is not there…has he officially declared?

The rb position has been super devalued in today's NFL,because most teams know they can get a guy in the 3rd-6th rd no problem.Normally when u hit those comp picks some team sees a value to good to pass up.This draft is supposedly loaded at wr and qb so I wouldn't be suprised if he got a late 5th or 6th round projection.

Now if Wright gets a combine invite he could push himself into the 3rd but thats his absolute ceiling.Most teams ain't the Titans with a peice of broccoli at wr and wait til the damn 7th to draft one while taking a rb(Albeit he's been surprisingly goodwhen meat head uses him correctly) at the top of the 3rd smh.Don't even get me started on his run first conservative ass lol

Reactions: NomadVol
The rb position has been super devalued in today's NFL,because most teams know they can get a guy in the 3rd-6th rd no problem.Normally when u hit those comp picks some team sees a value to good to pass up.This draft is supposedly loaded at wr and qb so I wouldn't be suprised if he got a late 5th or 6th round projection.

Now if Wright gets a combine invite he could push himself into the 3rd but thats his absolute ceiling.Most teams ain't the Titans with a peice of broccoli at wr and wait til the damn 7th to draft one while taking a rb(Albeit he's been surprisingly goodwhen meat head uses him correctly) at the top of the 3rd smh.Don't even get me started on his run first conservative ass lol
Agreed RB position has taken a serious did. May not see any big contracts for a while now as most teams figure they can get two productive RB's for the price of a Henry.
Titans can do no wrong in a lot of fans eyes now that they beat Miami Monday or should I say Miami(Tua) choked that game away.
Levis does have some dog in him but I expect him to get hurt with how he he runs

Heupel and co. had better figure out how to recruit and do it quickly. That's a pathetic lack of talent measurement for a program of Tennessee's ilk.

Reactions: rumaso11

Yea there really are no workhorse RBs in the NFL like there used to be. And if they do get 25+ carries a game, they’re usually sitting out a quarter of the season injured. It’s just not as reliable of a position as it used to be. Mileage wears guys down. Wright should test the waters without another year of wear and tear on his body. He’s not going to be a 1-3 round pick and no rb is worth it imo. I’d love to see him play at UT next year but he has to make the best decision for himself.

Heupel and co. had better figure out how to recruit and do it quickly. That's a pathetic lack of talent measurement for a program of Tennessee's ilk.
Heupel only has 2 years of recruiting at UT and the first year was only a few weeks of recruiting. Year 2 was pretty good.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Even in an absolutely stacked QB class, I suspect Milton will go higher round 6. Like clockwork, every year there is at least 1 team that seems to fall in love with the super talented kid with inconsistent college production. I can't envision any scenario that he goes round 1, but I could see him going 2nd or 3rd if one of those teams falls in love with the arm.

161 - Joe Milton
164 - Kamal Hadden
169 - Gerald Mincey
177 - Bru McCoy

If anyone wants to understand why we took a step back between 2022 and 2023, I can think of no better piece of evidence. It was the Jimmy and Joes, not the coaching IMO

VN Store

Back