Phil Fulmer & the College Football Playoff selection committee

Can't he just golf, fish and spend time with his wife? Spend time with the kids and grandkids?

Enjoy his legency and not be bitter? He has much to be thankful and happy about. As far as his legacy goes as one of the winnings coaches of all time, percentage wise.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would we want a former "beloved" coach on the selection committee? If he casts a vote for UT the remainder of the committee and everyone in the country will scream foul.

If you read the article, then you will what they are looking for and the first person I thought of was Fulmer.
Can you name someone else that would better suited for this position?

He doesnt get the respect he deserves for about a 15 year time frame we were top 10. year in year out, and old by the way i think we might have one of these things they call a NC in 98, all you got to do is go back to the mid 50s, yell he lost a few that we should have won, but at least ever year you knew you had a chance in ever game, when you get down to it thats all we wont now is a chance, so when coach Jones gets us back to the top lets not itch about never little thing, there is one thing clear you are not going to win them all year in year out, this is the SEC not the little 10, i know we dont read like Ohio STATE and the little 10, but we know our damn football, and i wish little urbie would bring his ffff eyes to Neyland in the near future.

Ok, read the article, still disagree with Fulmer. He pissed off other teams in this conference and I think he would be eliminated for that reason. Alabama would come in with he hates us and so would SC. He would be a good choice for us at the SEC level but I don't think he would be selected.

Ok, read the article, still disagree with Fulmer. He pissed off other teams in this conference and I think he would be eliminated for that reason. Alabama would come in with he hates us and so would SC. He would be a good choice for us at the SEC level but I don't think he would be selected.
Everybody on the committee will have made some enemies along the way, it's just part of the game. I think he'd be as good anybody they could get.

Who cares what Alabama thinks?

Reactions: 2 people
Why would we want a former "beloved" coach on the selection committee? If he casts a vote for UT the remainder of the committee and everyone in the country will scream foul.

He is a HOF coach,that's why ! And a native Tennessean. :rock:

He doesnt get the respect he deserves for about a 15 year time frame we were top 10. year in year out,

You better go back and do better research, in fact, UT under Fulmer made the top ten only once in the last nine years he coached. You're way off base.

Last edited:

Would you rather have a guy on the committee or be one of those crying foul?

Can't he just golf, fish and spend time with his wife? Spend time with the kids and grandkids?

Enjoy his legency and not be bitter? He has much to be thankful and happy about. As far as his legacy goes as one of the winnings coaches of all time, percentage wise.

a man needs work, hippie

He doesnt get the respect he deserves for about a 15 year time frame we were top 10. year in year out, and old by the way i think we might have one of these things they call a NC in 98, all you got to do is go back to the mid 50s, yell he lost a few that we should have won, but at least ever year you knew you had a chance in ever game, when you get down to it thats all we wont now is a chance, so when coach Jones gets us back to the top lets not itch about never little thing, there is one thing clear you are not going to win them all year in year out, this is the SEC not the little 10, i know we dont read like Ohio STATE and the little 10, but we know our damn football, and i wish little urbie would bring his ffff eyes to Neyland in the near future.

Man I hope you did not go to school at UT.. I would hate to think this is the kind of finished product we turn out.
:blink:

Well seeing that he is at Etsu now I doubt he could do that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Very simple actually. Only conference champions should be considered.

Agreed as long as all the conferences play the same number of games and have an actual championship game. That has been my complaint all along for using that criteria.

Don't understand the Fulmer hate. If it wasn't for him, then you would be saying, "I wonder if I will ever see my Vols win a championship before I die?". Also, I don't think anyone should tell another person what to do with their life.

Enjoy Fulmer's legacy. He was great and we should be proud of him.

Lastly, he would be a great choice for the selection committee. Every coach will bring their own biases, but on a committee those biases will cancel out each other. So, I feel you need some members with strong connections to certain conferences and regions to help provide a diverse panel.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back