Phils Expectations

Yay Vols

So I was reading through SI online to fulfill a few preseason excitements and I found this article online.

SI Article

Thought that was a little interesting and hopefully adds pressure to the "orange team'...

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 14, 2005 1:07 PM
Thought that was a little interesting and hopefully adds pressure to the "orange team'...
[snapback]93657[/snapback]​

We've found that having good talent takes pressure OFF the "orange team" and puts it all on whoever is on the other sideline. :idea:

Originally posted by GAVol@May 14, 2005 12:48 PM
We've found that having good talent takes pressure OFF the "orange team" and puts it all on whoever is on the other sideline.  :idea:
[snapback]93664[/snapback]​

"Any coach of any high-profile team strives for the best possible recruiting class each season, but with the prestige of No. 1 comes an even greater burden. Suddenly anything less than a national championship is considered a disappointment."

Read the article and analyze the article before you attempt to make me look like an idiot. We all know what the end results will be of this season too...Go Trojans.

That was a generalization used to point out that a national championship run is currently in the cards for us. I don't know what others expect, but I don't expect one. I am setting my sights hoping that we make it to the Sugar Bowl this season.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 1:32 AM
"Any coach of any high-profile team strives for the best possible recruiting class each season, but with the prestige of No. 1 comes an even greater burden. Suddenly anything less than a national championship is considered a disappointment."

Read the article and analyze the article before you attempt to make me look like an idiot. We all know what the end results will be of this season too...Go Trojans.
[snapback]93947[/snapback]​

Now you are a Trojans fan?

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 15, 2005 12:37 AM
Damn shame his momma wasn't a TROJAN fan!
[snapback]93952[/snapback]​

Hey I gotta admit..that was a good one. I'm surprised you could think of something like that though! But why are we getting off the topic of football and making comments like that?

You shouldnt be.

You should be used to Tennessee and their fans being better than you. I estimate that in the 10-12 years you have been alive, you have seen it happen 10 times now.

For what it's worth, thanks for the props. But don't just sit here and flame people. If you want to be a member of this board, you don't have to like the Vols, but don't spend every post making stupid one-sided coments either. Actually spend time researching your points, and state the cases for them when the time is right.

Otherwise, I eagerly await the staff here removing you from our sights.

Someone like you brings visitation down from the people that just want to find a Vol board to read about the Vols. You aren't an asset in any way, shape or form.

I don't see how a #1 recruiting class put's much more pressure on a team. That's like saying there is a lot of pressure playing in a national championship game. It is true but isn't that the goal?

Tennessee has the talent to make a run at the National Championship this year. Will they? Who knows. That is why they play the season right?

I will say this about our #1 recruiting class, the future is going to be bright orange...not crimson. I suspect that next year we get some more great recruits and the Fulmer domination over bama will continue.

Those werent my opinions...pretty sure the guy from SI wrote that? The only reason why I linked it is because I thought it was interesting and I wanted to see you alls' views on them. So please dont think that by me linking it automatically means I wholeheartedly agree with the assesment.

Oh and by the way...youre the one who made the personal jab swaying away from football so dont go accusing me of "flaming people". Its over and lets move on to the next topic whatever that shall be. Agree?

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 1:55 AM
Those werent my opinions...pretty sure the guy from SI wrote that? The only reason why I linked it is because I thought it was interesting and I wanted to see you alls' views on them. So please dont think that by me linking it automatically means I wholeheartedly agree with the assesment. 

Oh and by the way...youre the one who made the personal jab swaying away from football so dont go accusing me of "flaming people". Its over and lets move on to the next topic whatever that shall be. Agree?
[snapback]93964[/snapback]​

So what are your thoughts? It is an interesting article I'll give you that and I don't think the pub in SI hurts us any. :D

In all honesty, you guys have a great recruting class. My high school played against Antonio Wardlow's team all the time. In fact, his cousin (I think thats the relation) was our QB. Both are great players. If Bama had the number 1 recruting class you bet your ass I would be nervous about making sure we got the job done correctly. Honestly, I think you guys will do great this year but I do think that USC will win it again, which should come to no surprise. Of course this next statement is my own personal SEC biased opinion but I do think that any of the top teams in the SEC can beat anyone. GA goes down to FL, vise versa. AL goes down to TN, vise versa. TN-LSU, AL-LSU...Same story. We all have our team but we do have to admit that anything can happen in football. Just like you guys were saying...Vandy could have beat yall, thats proof anything can and will happen. (I just say that as example, first thing that popped into my mind). Tell me how Im wrong with that assesment, Im prepared.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 2:03 AM
In all honesty, you guys have a great recruting class. My high school played against Antonio Wardlow's team all the time. In fact, his cousin (I think thats the relation) was our QB. Both are great players. If Bama had the number 1 recruting class you bet your ass I would be nervous about making sure we got the job done correctly. Honestly, I think you guys will do great this year but I do think that USC will win it again, which should come to no surprise. Of course this next statement is my own personal SEC biased opinion but I do think that any of the top teams in the SEC can beat anyone. GA goes down to FL, vise versa. AL goes down to TN, vise versa. TN-LSU, AL-LSU...Same story. We all have our team but we do have to admit that anything can happen in football. Just like you guys were saying...Vandy could have beat yall, thats proof anything can and will happen. (I just say that as example, first thing that popped into my mind). Tell me how Im wrong with that assesment, Im prepared.
[snapback]93977[/snapback]​

You have to have a lot of luck to win a NC. Best case scenario every year I want to win the SEC and be in contention for the National title. I think he would be really hard for us to go undefeated next year as tough as our schedule is early.

As for the conference, any of the top teams could beat each other. I don't disagree with that.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 12:32 AM
[snapback]93947[/snapback]​

I analyze that to mean that Fulmer is saying, "Thank God Im not at BAMA right now".

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 12:32 AM
We all know what the end results will be of this season too...

UT kicking Alabama's butt and winning the East/SEC?

So what happens if Bama ends up beating TN this yet? What will the excuses be? Im really curious because you all think its going to be a walk in the park.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 15, 2005 1:05 AM
You have to have a lot of luck to win a NC. Best case scenario every year I want to win the SEC and be in contention for the National title. I think he would be really hard for us to go undefeated next year as tough as our schedule is early.

As for the conference, any of the top teams could beat each other. I don't disagree with that.
[snapback]93979[/snapback]​

UT may have a shot, though. Last year as much as Auburn steamrolled opponents, they were the victims of having 2 undefeated teams ranked above them. That will not be the case this year. Texas will beat Oklahoma and USC has a relatively soft schedule when compared to UT:

Day Date Opponent Location
Sat 09/03/2005 Hawai'i Honolulu, Hi.
Sat 09/17/2005 Arkansas L.A. Coliseum
Sat 09/24/2005 Oregon Eugene, Ore.
Sat 10/01/2005 Arizona State Tempe, Ariz.
Sat 10/08/2005 Arizona L.A. Coliseum Sat 10/15/2005 Notre Dame South Bend, Ind.
Sat 10/22/2005 Washington Seattle, Wash.
Sat 10/29/2005 Washington State (Homecoming)
Sat 11/05/2005 Stanford L.A. Coliseum
Sat 11/12/2005 California Berkeley, Calif.
Sat 11/19/2005 Fresno State L.A. coliseum
Sat 12/03/2005 UCLA L.A. Coliseum

If UT goes undefeated, they will play for the title.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 9:49 AM
What will the excuses be?

We will just say what Bama fans have been crying about for the last 5 years...

Too many injuries, bad officials, cheating............the usual Bama excuses!!

Actually, when we loose a game we usually suck it up and say we just got beat, BUT we might have to get more creative this year if Bama beats us!!!!!

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@May 15, 2005 10:39 AM
Too many injuries, bad officials, cheating............the usual Bama excuses!!

Actually, when we loose a game we usually suck it up and say we just got beat, BUT we might have to get more creative this year if Bama beats us!!!!!
[snapback]94035[/snapback]​

Lets not forget the ever popular "BAMA CONSPIRACY AGAINST UT" :eek:lol:

Originally posted by volbrian@May 15, 2005 12:24 PM
Lets not forget the ever popular "BAMA CONSPIRACY AGAINST UT"  :eek:lol:
[snapback]94050[/snapback]​

:dlol:

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 15, 2005 7:49 AM
So what happens if Bama ends up beating TN this yet? What will the excuses be? Im really curious because you all think its going to be a walk in the park.
[snapback]94030[/snapback]​

Who in their right mind would give an honest advantage to Alabama over Tennessee in '05? You can root for Bama, heck the Tide might even win (although I seriously doubt they will), crazier things have happened. But to say that Tennessee is not clearly the superior team is ludacris.

Of course Im going to root for the Tide..hell Im a student there. Yes UT is better in the preseason rankings and they have better depth, no kidding. All I was saying is that since the two teams hate the hell out of each other both will be playing their hearts out...especially at Bryant Denny. Having a team wearing creamsicle orange and sings "rocky top" beat you is a little embarrassing.

VN Store

Back