Physical Plays

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
1) Kennan Pili meeting their lead blocker in the hole and stopping the 4th down conversion.

2) Jakob Thomas coming down hill and destroying their RB on a sweep play.

3) Arion Carter absolutely lighting up Smothers on a toss play.

4) Jermon McKoy stopping that WR on a 4th and short solo…

5) Tyre West being Tyre West.

We’ve got some guys that like to hit.
I’m not going to look ahead to Florida or Georgia but just gonna enjoy each game as this team grows.
We abused the Wolfpack last night

That play by Pili was awesome. Met the blocker with such force he stopped McCall in his tracks, then Tyre and the rest cleaned it up.

You feeling better about the linebackers’ physicality, LV? 😏
Yes haha.

Still want to see Spillman though at some point in time soon.

Carter and Pili both showed up in the phone booth.

Yes haha.

Still want to see Spillman though at some point in time soon.

Carter and Pili both showed up in the phone booth.
It would be good if we can rotate Spillman in a little bit. Should get a lot of run next week. If he, Smith, and especially Perry can play well enough to rotate in a decent amount as the season goes on, so we can keep Pili, AC, and Telander fresh? Going to be rooough for opposing offenses.

1) Kennan Pili meeting their lead blocker in the hole and stopping the 4th down conversion.

I’m not going to look ahead to Florida or Georgia but just gonna enjoy each game as this team grows.
Abused the Wolfpack? And you're bragging about your animal cruelty? That's it, call PETA

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Don't forget the OL PF for driving defender through NCST sidelines

Reactions: Wezel and LittleVol
That McKoy play wasn’t as physical but to be able to win a one on one with a strong TE like JOLY that close to the line to gain was a HUGE win.
Great play. But, it sure looked dangerous the way he slung around on him. It was textbook tack all that causes knee injuries. Glad we got the stop and more glad the young man didn't get his knee whacked.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Great play. But, it sure looked dangerous the way he slung around on him. It was textbook tack all that causes knee injuries. Glad we got the stop and more glad the young man didn't get his knee whacked.
I don’t disagree with that. But the way the rules are declared, it was a good tackle. I hate those pulling back tackles.

Reactions: VAVol85

Be careful OP...there's SEVERAL, SENSITIVE "CTE-Cindy's" 'round here...who'll start calling you macho keyboardist & stuff

I don’t disagree with that. But the way the rules are declared, it was a good tackle. I hate those pulling back tackles.
I'm not saying it was illegal. It's just the kind of tackle that often gets players injured because of the spinning nature.

That McKoy play wasn’t as physical but to be able to win a one on one with a strong TE like JOLY that close to the line to gain was a HUGE win.
He solo wrestled down a man that outweighs him by 40 lbs with 3 yards to work with.

That takes a good amount of desire and functional strength. Not all feats of a physical variety need to be “bang” and “pop”.
Jmo

He solo wrestled down a man that outweighs him by 40 lbs with 3 yards to work with.

That takes a good amount of desire and functional strength. Not all feats of a physical variety need to be “bang” and “pop”.
Jmo
Oh I don’t disagree at all! That’s why I highlighted it. That’s a better play than some of the other “physical” tackles!

Reactions: LittleVol
Even late in the game when 3rd teamers were playing- they were still hitting hard and making tackles for loss. Just amazing sustained intensity.

How @ that wide out on drive #1 that refused to get down over the middle. Pili soon arrived in a bad mood. 😵😂

Pili also thumped a wr or rb early in the game on a short completion …. I was a little surprised the guy jumped right up… he got throttled

Physical and they made open field tackles. Tackling, as a whole, is so much better than it's been in recent memory.

VN Store

Back