Picked up a Vol Mag at the store...

Snakebrown13

Anyone ever hear of 'Rocky Top Tennessee' Preview Magazine? I believe it used be around under Maple Street Press but dropped out for a couple of years; I had never gotten it before though. I found it at the store today (Food City if anyone is interested) and while a bit pricey ($12) IMO this issue beats the pants off Football Time. It actually has formations and schemes Butch uses broken down instead of 14 ads for Buddy's BBQ...

just my 2 cents.

:good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone ever hear of 'Rocky Top Tennessee' Preview Magazine? I believe it used be around under Maple Street Press but dropped out for a couple of years; I had never gotten it before though. I found it at the store today (Food City if anyone is interested) and while a bit pricey ($12) IMO this issue beats the pants off Football Time. It actually has formations and schemes Butch uses broken down instead of 14 ads for Buddy's BBQ...

just my 2 cents.

LOL! Never knew they had wings..until this issue. But your right..lots of adds. I would like one though. For sure!

It actually has formations and schemes Butch uses broken down instead of 14 ads for Buddy's BBQ...

That's the reason it costs 12 damn dollars. No advertising means no sponsors paying for the publication of the magazine.

That's the reason it costs 12 damn dollars. No advertising means no sponsors paying for the publication of the magazine.

if there are decent articles it deserves 12 bucks. cannot remember the last time i bought a magazine and didnt regret it that wasnt athlon preseason flying somewhere.

if there are decent articles it deserves 12 bucks. cannot remember the last time i bought a magazine and didnt regret it that wasnt athlon preseason flying somewhere.

After looking through it I was aware of the reason for the cost (not a single Ad in it); IMO, I agree it IS worth it: Since it's the 85 Year Anniversary of 'The 1st Saturday in October', there is a great read on the 1928 team and how (then Major) Neyland convinced power-house Bama to play a "minor program" Tennessee; he even got them to agree before the game to stop at halftime if Bama was up too big. The Vols opening kickoff TD was ranked as one of 'ESPN's 100 Plays that Define College Football'. The win put Tennessee on the map and started the Rivalry, with Bama leading the series 41-38-7 since that game (Vols were 2-8-1 against them prior to Neyland and the '28 game.)

That article and the 2013 game predictions by themselves were worth my $12....

Reactions: 3 people
After looking through it I was aware of the reason for the cost (not a single Ad in it); IMO, I agree it IS worth it: Since it's the 85 Year Anniversary of 'The 1st Saturday in October', there is a great read on the 1928 team and how (then Major) Neyland convinced power-house Bama to play a "minor program" Tennessee; he even got them to agree before the game to stop at halftime if Bama was up too big. The Vols opening kickoff TD was ranked as one of 'ESPN's 100 Plays that Define College Football'. The win put Tennessee on the map and started the Rivalry, with Bama leading the series 41-38-7 since that game (Vols were 2-8-1 against them prior to Neyland and the '28 game.)

That article and the 2013 game predictions by themselves were worth my $12....

Will def purchase this now

just my 2 cents.

Appreciate u posting this. I don't normally buy magazines bc of the ads, and the Internet has kinda made them obsolete.

But reading about the bama rivalry and the formations, ill be picking one up today.

Appreciate u posting this. I don't normally buy magazines bc of the ads, and the Internet has kinda made them obsolete.

But reading about the bama rivalry and the formations, ill be picking one up today.

No problem :) it really is the best mag I've seen in years. Apparently you can order it online HERE also.

GO VOLS.

VN Store

Back