Pitcher Recruit

kptvol

I've heard that a Hunter Daniel from Bearden High in Knoxville was recently offered a scholarship by Coach Raleigh. He's a left-handed pitcher. He's a smart kid that had offers from a few other SEC schools, as well. I'm pretty sure he'll be committing to the Big Orange in the next few days.

I've heard that a Hunter Daniel from Bearden High in Knoxville was recently offered a scholarship by Coach Raleigh. He's a left-handed pitcher. He's a smart kid that had offers from a few other SEC schools, as well. I'm pretty sure he'll be committing to the Big Orange in the next few days.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

That Goodpasture pitcher sounds good . My son works with May's mom,the rb for Goodpasture that won it all last year.I think he's a pretty good player.Maybe we can swoop in and pick him up as well if he is a big time back.

That Goodpasture pitcher sounds good . My son works with May's mom,the rb for Goodpasture that won it all last year.I think he's a pretty good player.Maybe we can swoop in and pick him up as well if he is a big time back.

I played summer ball with Adkins a couple years ago. He was good then but not D-1 talent. He must have improved alot since then, im glad he will be a Vol he's a well behaved kid.

I played summer ball with Adkins a couple years ago. He was good then but not D-1 talent. He must have improved alot since then, im glad he will be a Vol he's a well behaved kid.

I saw where Adkins committed to coach Raleigh. Do you know anything about him? His stats look pretty impressive:

11-0, 1.04 ERA, 107 strikeouts and hit .408.

I saw where Adkins committed to coach Raleigh. Do you know anything about him? His stats look pretty impressive:

11-0, 1.04 ERA, 107 strikeouts and hit .408.

I know that he is fiery if you know what I mean its hard to explain. In football he would always be the one pumping up the team and yelling, and in baseball he was the most vocal and energetic guy on the team. he's a competitor thats for sure.

Thanks for the response. What made/makes you think he's not a d-1 guy?

He just wasn't a dominant player. Then again I was a senior and he was a freshman that year. He was still better than most, just not a stud. But his stats don't lie.

Thanks. I always love to get feedback from people who have actually seen some of these guys play or even better, played against them.

Sounds like he will be a nice addition to the team. I can't wait to see what Raleigh is going to do this year.

Good deal. Pitching last year wasn't something I was comfortable about, especially when a starter wasn't "on"

The 09 class has a great stable of pitchers, Atkins,Gruver, Locante, Bearden, Gant. and several others. I have seen all these kids play.. it will be fun to watch them evolve.

VN Store

Back