Play calling helmet communication during bowl games?

Volbrando

Any update on if we or others are using helmet communication from coaches during the bowl games for play calling?

I seem to recall non-playoff teams were going to be able to try/test this?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Heupel to Nico on headset: “ok, Nico , run the ball to your left then heave it to squirrel.”
Nico to Heupel: “ just chill, Coach, I got this”.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Heupel to Nico on headset: “ok, Nico , run the ball to your left then heave it to squirrel.”
Nico to Heupel: “ just chill, Coach, I got this”.
I recall Peyton saying he used to signal over to the sidelines like he couldn't hear or the comm wasn't working so he could call what he wanted.

Finally, they got the hint that he's going to call his own plays and do pretty well with it.

Heupel to Nico: "hey we got the Iowa signals from Michigan, they are going to blitz from the right side"
Nico to Heupel: "So, just run the play?"
Heupel: "Yeah, they can't stop us anyway"

Heupel to Nico: "Bootleg to the right, then hand to wide receiver on a reverse running left. Have him throw back to you, lateral out to Running back on the right perimeter who will throw a bomb to you as you're running down the ..." TWEEEEEET ..... "Delay of game on the offense.
Heupel to Nico: "Just throw the darn thing downfield past the yard marker".

Reactions: rockytop989
I expect it takes longer to say the play than it is for the offense or defense to look at the signals.
Something to consider.

Any update on if we or others are using helmet communication from coaches during the bowl games for play calling?

I seem to recall non-playoff teams were going to be able to try/test this?
Well with our luck, we will have it, ours won't work but our opponents will.

VN Store

Back