Play Calling?

temptn

Why do we throw the ball around the field well for several plays and then run it up the middle 15 times in a row. It looks like Nico would be good at the option or get the ball in the hands of our "fast" receivers and RB to to the outside.

Why do we throw the ball around the field well for several plays and then run it up the middle 15 times in a row. It looks like Nico would be good at the option or get the ball in the hands of our "fast" receivers and RB to to the outside.

Probably because they were running the ball pretty good, but pass blocking was bad.

If my starting RB is averaging 6.7 per carry and his back up is getting 4.2, my question would be why even bother to pass at all?

All season long our play calling has been at best, suspect. A month ago I asked VN who at UT calls the plays, and the consensus was/is that nobody really knows. We'd have two more wins if our play calling was up to snuff.

All season long our play calling has been at best, suspect. A month ago I asked VN who at UT calls the plays, and the consensus was/is that nobody really knows. We'd have two more wins if our play calling was up to snuff.
Win 35-0 and get a letter from the complaint section. If we lost 35-0 then bitch about play calling.

Maybe Nico will fix that now that he owns the offense and will have the alpha opinion on the play-calls. (I ashume).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Agreed. I hate it when we hand the ball of to a guy averaging 6.7 yards per carry.

Freshman QB everybody been screaming for, he scored 3 running and threw one, we ran 250 yards, scored 35 and allowed zero, but we shoulda took a knee and we didn't pass enough.

Some of y'alls crap is just old.

VN Store

Back