Playoffs?

TENNFOLD1974

Vol in Madison TN.
Give me your thoughts about a playoff system in football opposed to the current BCS format.I feel there should be one.

You?

8 teams, first round on-campus the week after the conference titles games, semifinals on or around NYD. First-round losers play in other bowl games. Retain all bowl games.

Top 8 teams in polls.

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

1,2,3,4 are home teams

Final teams are in the NC. The others go to regular bowls from their conference.

i think my username says it all. i think all confrence champs get automatic bid into 16 team playoff. the rest could be decided by bcs poll. i would rather hear an argument about who should be ranked 16 over figuring who should be ranked 1 and 2.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That would be fun to see. That makes for a whole lot of games though.

i think my username says it all. i think all confrence champs get automatic bid into 16 team playoff. the rest could be decided by bcs poll. i would rather hear an argument about who should be ranked 16 over figuring who should be ranked 1 and 2.

you only need 8 spots. 6 BCS conference champions and 2 at larges. 16 teams with all confernece champs is too much. You'd have Texas playing some MEAC school in the first round and beating them by 40+. What's the point?

you only need 8 spots. 6 BCS conference champions and 2 at larges. 16 teams with all confernece champs is too much. You'd have Texas playing some MEAC school in the first round and beating them by 40+. What's the point?

everybody has to play cupcakes during the season. i say shorten the season and play cupcakes during the early rounds of playoffs.

a plus one is the answer. anything above that ensures that the greatest regular season in all of sports loses some luster.

If only 8 teams out of 120 make the playoffs, the season will still have plenty of luster. I actually think it would have more luster, because more teams would have NC hope late in the year.

And, I think there's no way the NCAA will shorten the season - that would result in a revenue loss for everybody.

Let every team play out their regular season and whoever finishes #1 at the end of the season in the BCS plays Tennessee in the national championship every year.. either that or or FIRE FULMER!!!!

8 spots is too many. 4 spots is too many some years. Having the option of a +1 would be the best thing, but that's insanely impractical.

8 spots is too many. 4 spots is too many some years. Having the option of a +1 would be the best thing, but that's insanely impractical.
The money generated by playing a four or eight team playoff at currently existing bowl sites would be insanely lucrative.

Well, it's better than what we have now. What if Penn State, Bama, Texas, Utah, Boise finish undefeated and gators, Sooners and a few others finish with one loss? Chaos reigns... :)

Sooners had their shot and blew it. The Gators may have their shot if they get to Atlanta this December. If not, sucks for them. I still think Bama has a loss coming their way. Things will sort themselves out this year. As for Boise/Utah one of them may get to play in a BCS bowl, which is a plenty big enough reward for them.

I'm completely opposed to letting a championship be decided on the field. Computers are always right.

VN Store

Back