Polish President, 95 others dead in Russia jet crash

Wow, what a tragedy for Poland. Can you imagine the upheaval - and especially considering where it happened and the already sad history associated with the area.

Just saw it.

Medvedev has ordered an investigation with Putin chairing it.

The crash devastated the upper echelons of Poland's political and military establishments. On board were the army chief of staff, the navy chief commander, and heads of the air and land forces. Also killed were the national bank president, deputy foreign minister, army chaplain, head of the National Security Office, deputy parliament speaker, civil rights commissioner and at least two presidential aides and three lawmakers, the Polish foreign ministry said

crazy

A lot of folks at the top gone in a second had to do a second take when I saw it on the news this morning.

Just doesn't smell right. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but Russia certainly had opportunity and motive.

The crash devastated the upper echelons of Poland's political and military establishments. On board were the army chief of staff, the navy chief commander, and heads of the air and land forces. Also killed were the national bank president, deputy foreign minister, army chaplain, head of the National Security Office, deputy parliament speaker, civil rights commissioner and at least two presidential aides and three lawmakers, the Polish foreign ministry said

crazy

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

Not to sound like Kirby, but I'm starting to believe there's no such things as coincidences in cases like these...

all these folks on a russian plane, you know there is a reason for all the dumb polock jokes

Last edited:
Throw me in the conspiracy crowd..... this was with deadly purpose.

They were on their way to a ceremony to accept an appology for the Russian massacre of 22,000 Polish officers during WWII. Polish officers had to be college graduates then and the murders did quite a bit to eliminate the intelligensia of the country.

The Russians were successful in blaiming it on the Germans up until recently.

The partition of Poland started WWII, after the war Poland got back what the Germans had taken plus a part of Germany but the Soviet Union kept the land they had usurped which was more than Germany had taken.

Putin's appology to the Polish people at the ceremony as more of a rationalization than an appology.

We'll probably not know what really happened in this air crash for at least a generation, if ever.

From the meager facts I've been able to observe it appears to me the plane was given false altitude and glide path data from the control tower, very simiilar to the crash that killed Ron Brown. (And USAF Sgt Shelly Kelly.)

all these folks on a russian plane, you know there is a reason for all the dumb polock jokes

One of the funniest incidents about Polish jokes I know was told me by a friend and fellow student at UT back in the sixties.

He was rooming with a young guy who had come over from Poland to study at UT.

One night they went out to a K-town area night club.

The club had some slot machines and black jack tables in the gaming room in the back.

It was crowded in the club and my friend was following the Polish guy because he had very wide shoulders and biceps you couldn't reach around with both hand and people just tended to step out of his way.

As they passed a narrow aisle between the bar and some booths one of the guys at the bar was heard to say; "Did you hear about the dumb Polock?"

The Polish guy reached over and grasped the guys tie with his left hand and with his right proceeded to pound his face, leaving the guy unconcious on his bakc in one of the booth seats.

My friend looked down in the booth as he passed and said the guy's face looked like freshly ground hamburger meat.

Just as he passed a waitress came by and asked what had happened to the guy and my friend said; "Dunno, looks like he fell and hurt himself."

The waitress called a couple of bouncers and before the guy even regained conciousness they threw him on his face in the gravel parking lot.

Guess he thought twice about telling offensive jokes again.

VN Store

Back